PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Just had a fleeting idea for an ongoing thread here, but from past experience, logistics could present some problems.
An online mystery story, in segments, as time allows...
The protagonist? A pipe smoker, of course!
A little background. Have already written a full length manuscript for a novel and a short story that appeared on a Canadian forum. The short story was co-authored with a woman from Ontario and it needs polishing (grammar/spelling corrections, etc. and elimination of repitition), but it was well received and several people suggested that we enter it into competition. Lastly, wrote a Christmas short story a few years back, also on a Canadian forum.
The full length novel - I'm trying to do the corrections/rewrites, etc. before publishing it on Amazon.
Anyway, was thinking of just doing a little doodling on here if there was substantial interest. I may focus on writing and investment portfolio juggling when I quit working for people in the coming years and take down my shingle to just have some fun. And the more writing, the better for me.
Feedback?

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
@murf - I could, but I intended to just do this online as a writing exercise. Do you mean the full length novel I've written and not yet published?
@smokeybear - Much appreciated. Currently creating brand new blog without standard WordPress limitations. If it doesn't violate forum rules, I'll post it when it's complete.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
There are several writers here and even more want to be English teachers . It might be a good idea to run it by a MOD first if the file is very big .

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
I guess my idea was not expressed clearly enough.
My intent was to write an online story in separate topic posts; ex., [Title - Chapter 1], [Title - Chapter 2], etc. - not to publish my 80,000 word novel on here.
I see where the inquiries about Kindle format come from now...
Perhaps it's better reserved for a different kind of forum? I thought of it when I saw so many non-pipe related topics, and I thought, "Well if the protagonist were a pipe smoker, maybe it would fit..."
Just an idea.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I'd be interested in both an e-novel, and an ongoing series. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to post that here, as long as you're not just giving us a little teaser, followed by a link to buy the rest of the story (which I doubt you'd do)

Status
Not open for further replies.