Anyone interested in Germains Special Latakia flake?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
This is not a sale thread. I am thinking of ordering some from Germany. Problem is they only ship DHL and shipping is around 35.00 no matter how much I order. Would anyone be interested in joining in on this? If I order 10 tins the total is 140.00 shipped, 20 tins it is around 240.00 shipped. I dont need that many, but it is stupid to pay that much shipping on just a few tins.

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Smokingpipes.com just had some today. Seems like you should be able to shop a little closer to home and find it.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I believe they have this tobacco a pipe guys. It goes reasonably fast but you can get an email notification when they get it in stock. Not sure if they have a maximum that you can order or not. However if it's hard to come by you could always just make a large order and trade/sell some to recoup the shipping costs. If you ordered 10 tins it's still only about a buck more than you'd pay retail from pipe guys ; so I'd just say bite the bullet if there is no state side availability.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Smokingpipes.com just had some today. Seems like you should be able to shop a little closer to home and find it.
I missed out on it. They were sold out by the time I got over to check it out.
Is this similar to Mac Baren Latakia Flake or worlds apart? I ask because I love Mac Baren Latakia Flake but you know how a junkie reacts to baccy offerings.
I think it is closer to Penzance than HH latakia flake.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Here, I just popped a tin and snapped a photo:
GermainSpecialLat115-vi.jpg
Certainly not a homogeneous product!

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
I have a tin I will probably pop soon. Have to compare it to Penzance and do a review.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Well I know it is not Penzance. But they are made by Germains and are both flake or more like crumble kake. So hey why not compare them.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Thanks. I have a couple people interested now I just need to decide how much to buy.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
needed to make sure they had enough for the order. I didnt expect so much interest lol.

Jan 27, 2015
Darn, too late. I totally would've gotten in on this. Have never been fast enough for this stuff, even here :) I'll get it next time around!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
You should be able to contact them and add to the order, I've done it many times with 4noggins and several other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.