Anyone Here Snag This Kikusui Ginza Sandblasted Horn From SmokingPipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
SP.com just posted this beauty on their site: https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/japan/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=266843
I had it in my cart and then poof, it was gone. If anyone here snagged it and is willing to sell, I will buy it or offer a trade. I gotta be faster with the SP updates on Mondays and Thursdays. This is the second time a pipe has disappeared from my cart. And yet, one time I happened upon a tin of Pelican onsite and checked out with no problem. You win some, you lose some.

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
I can understand your disappointment, that is really nice!
Interestingly I use to visit that shop regularly during my 10 + years living in Tokyo. I could buy Dunhill tins there cheaper than in London, go figure......

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Love those horny things.
Next PAD snag will, I hope, be horny, too. Maybe my itch will be scratched at the NY Pipe Show.
Frank

NYC

upnorth1

Oct 7, 2017
La Belle Province, Canada
This pipe looks to be the exact one they were selling about two-three months ago. Maybe it was returned? Anyway I liked it back then and was in the process of purchasing it when it was purchased by somebody quicker than me. I missed it by seconds, and now I missed it a second time.

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
upnorth, I do remember there being a similarly shaped pipe on SP a while back. I'm not sure if it was the same, but I do recall it looking fantastic. At this point, our best bet may be to commission someone to make something similar. But to do that, I've got to save up!

upnorth1

Oct 7, 2017
La Belle Province, Canada
zerohunter - The ad appeared December 5. I just found it with the pic here.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/japan/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=244803
The asking price was only $50.
Maybe we'll get "third time lucky!"

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
Oh my gosh that's it! According to yesterday's listing, that Kikusui Sandblasted Horn weighed 0.7oz with a length of 5.38in, whereas the December 5 listing weighed 0.77oz with a 5.31in length. The bowl heights and chamber depths of both are also slightly different. There's hope yet! Maybe we can each find our own!

Status
Not open for further replies.