PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks to Charles Barkley and Weight Watchers online for Men Online I went from 273lbs in January 2012 to 177lbs as of this morning. Anyone else trying to lose or have any success stories to share?
Me approaching 273

Me Today

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Congratulations!
I've been struggling lately myself. I've really tried to focus one WHAT I put into my body the past few months. I'm happy for you man.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Well, no pics at the moment but I've dropped 29.5 lbs since January . From 265 to 235.5.
Smoking a pipe has absolutely aided in my loss
I'm 6'3" and for health reasons needed to lose and keep it off
Goal is 215

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Congrats GWT and Dervis. The battle is hard, but very rewarding. I am very proud of you guys!
don't have pics right now, I really don't like my pre loss looking self but I was pushing almost 400lbs at my heaviest. I had very high blood sugar my random blood sugar was 490 when I found out I had diabetes. My A1C was spiking at 12.4. Today I weigh 245, my random blood sugars have been staying steady at 70 and my last A1C was posted at 5.5. My doc has just dropped his jaw at my results. I went from high dose oral insulin 9 pills a day to down to just 2 low dose pills. My goal is to be off completely. I have been slack a bit on my working out since I was injured by a hit and run accident, but once spring quarter lets out I plan on hitting it hard again.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Congrats!
I dropped some weight over the last year. Shrank from 220 down to 187. With added muscle I think I'm back around 205 but, the key is my waist is down to about a 33 again. My weight is usually deceptive because my legs are so strong from playing ice hockey.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I just started WW a month ago. I have only lost 15 lbs so far. This is a much slower diet than I am use to. WW says you lose 1-2 lbs a week. So far it is an easy diet. I also hike the mountain trails with my wife 3 times a week. I am in it for the long haul as I need to lose 75 lbs. :oops: You guys are an encouragement!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Congrats GWT and Dervis. The battle is hard, but very rewarding. I am very proud of you guys!
don't have pics right now, I really don't like my pre loss looking self but I was pushing almost 400lbs at my heaviest. I had very high blood sugar my random blood sugar was 490 when I found out I had diabetes. My A1C was spiking at 12.4. Today I weigh 245, my random blood sugars have been staying steady at 70 and my last A1C was posted at 5.5. My doc has just dropped his jaw at my results. I went from high dose oral insulin 9 pills a day to down to just 2 low dose pills. My goal is to be off completely. I have been slack a bit on my working out since I was injured by a hit and run accident, but once spring quarter lets out I plan on hitting it hard again.
:clap:
Wow Wow Wow! I was borderline diabetic but I knew it was the booze and the lifestyle that was getting to me. I have been on the road since 1994. I was 24 then haha. I lost a lot of friends when I gave up the bar life. Nights sometimes get edgy, but my life is better and my long term friends (you know who you are) keep me sane these days.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I just started WW a month ago. I have only lost 15 lbs so far. This is a much slower diet than I am use to. WW says you lose 1-2 lbs a week. So far it is an easy diet. I also hike the mountain trails with my wife 3 times a week. I am in it for the long haul as I need to lose 75 lbs. You guys are an encouragement!
Just do it Flyguy. I promise you that you will see food differently in your journey. I wish you much success!

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Flyguy and lord great job guys keep up the work. I know it can be tough at times. One element of smoking pipes is that it has helped me to take the edge off of my cravings and my bored eating, and emotional eating. Studies have shown that the same chemical reaction people get with food addiction is the same brain chemicals as with heroin addiction. It is difficult. I had a serious food problem. But with the Lord's help and a good set of friends keeping me accountable, as well as my pipe. I am making it. If any of you guys need encouragement I will be here at least through the net on this forum.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
way to go guys. I feel worlds better. As I am sure you all do. Can work in my yard, break horses again, play with my nephews, and let's just say the wife apperciates the new found energy as well. No beer or fried chicken/catfish tastes as good as I now feel.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
You guys are an inspiration, I lost 30lbs last year but put it back on due to a personal tragedy. I have to get back on the wagon though, so thanks for posting. I'd love some tips, I've done weight watchers before and struggled with it at times

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I've done weight watchers before and struggled with it at times
Easiest weight loss plan in the world. No restrictions. Just be accountable for what you consume and don't lie to yourself.
Why would and anyone lie to themself? Track everything that goes in your mouth, track it. Cheat if ya need to (a little)but track it. Eventually the minds need for comfort will balance with the body's need for nutrition and you will be most jolly piper till days yet unwritten. :puffy:

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Simple concept. Eat less than you burn off. 100% the anwser just have to live it. I screw it up often so I'm for sure not preaching here.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
bigboi wrote:
One element of smoking pipes is that it has helped me to take the edge off of my cravings and my bored eating, and emotional eating.
I've noticed that too. Kevin wrote in an earlier thread that nicotine had many positive attributes. One of those is that it makes us hyperglycemic which shuts down the appetite. Nice side effect for a dieter!

Status
Not open for further replies.