PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Howdy Gang,
I am used to getting calls from pipe smokers who want me to sell unusual pipes that I don't think would work for me. Just a couple of months ago I had a gentleman ask if I'd sell an old tomahawk shaped Native American Indian wood pipe that was non-functional and just a display piece. I politely declined.
This morning I just got a phone call from a young lady named Ashley who sounded like she just woke up and was a little spaced out. She said she had two pipes she'd like for me to sell for her because they were just too big for her to smoke. I asked what the brands of the pipes were. She said there was no name on them. I asked her to describe them. She said they were large and made of glass?!?! I thanked her for her call but said I really stuck to briar and meer pipes to re-sell and had never seen a glass smoking pipe.
Anyone ever heard of a glass smoking pipe?
Thanks,
Pipestud

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
This morning I just got a phone call from a young lady named Ashley who sounded like she just woke up and was a little spaced out.
This would be a pretty typical description of the young men and women I used to associate with (and likely resembled) when I was using a 'glass smoking pipe'. They tended to be between 12" and 24" long, and about 1-2" in diameter, with water in the bottom four inches of the pipe.
I've seen them sold behind or near a sign that says, "For tobacco use only," but I'd be SHOCKED if they ever saw regular use for tobacco consumption.
Good call on politely declining Pipestud.
Best,
-- Pat

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Umm, glass smoking pipe- a lady that sounded a little spaced out......
.....I'm going to guess she's imbibing the Mary Jane, but maybe I'm wrong.
I've walked into a couple smoke shops before looking for pipe stuff, only to be met with shelves upon shelves of glass smoking bongs.
Oh pipestud, your youthful naivete is adorable.
(oooooooonly kidding. I'm the kid around here at 30.)
Chris

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Oopsie, things are starting to come together for me here. 8O
I get it now. Thanks for the responses and I'm glad I didn't tell the girl to send the pipes to me for re-sale.
Thanks guys,
Pipestud

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Ok... I think this thread was ok.

Now, that you've got your answer Pipestud, I'm going to close it.

It's pressing the limits of Rule #7.
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.