PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mike Phillips used to be a regular on Forums. I haven't heard from him on Forums for, it seems like,

six months. He was a Five Brothers fan and kind of salty and blunt, in a good way. Anyone know

what he's up to these days?

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I have been wondering the same thing. Seems he posted last that he was going to be really busy but would return. Sadly haven't seen him yet.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Pretty sure he mentioned one time that the fall and winter was his busy time. He may be back come spring.

Jul 15, 2011
Mike Philips had said that he works for himself and works like a madman, sometimes 16 hours a day. He said that he would be back to the forum in his off season, I forget when that is. Shame he's not around more, I too enjoyed interacting with him. Good guy. Hope to see him soon.

Dec 24, 2012
I have missed Mike as well. Always enjoyed his comments. Yeah, though, I do remember him saying what pipenovelist said, though I thought his off season was winter.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I miss him, too. He's a transplant to Missouri and lives down in the SW corner where I grew up.
This is from his last post made nine months ago:
"Thanks for the concern, and I'll be back on constantly before you know it (usually right before Thanksgiving is when I call it quits for the year) and you'll all be sick to death of me again and wishing Spring would hurry the hell up and get here."
With the grass turning green out in my back yard, who knows when we'll hear from him again?
Fnord

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Damn. I knew I felt some common ground with Mike. I did a newspaper internship in Neosho, Mo., down

south of Joplin in the SW corner of Mo. when I had my 21st birthday. The first thing they told me, my

editor, was, when you're out working on stories, don't say anything against Jesse James or Ma Barker. They

both have family in these parts and don't take kindly to talk against them.
A shout out to Mike, and best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.