PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
I recently purchased a lot of 9 nice pipes with a 5 pipe antique rack. There were 2 Lorenzo Spitfires, 2 Prince of Wales (a York and a Red), a Vauen Lexus 6608 white dot, a Raffaello 2504 a couple of hand made customs. All pipes are in excellent condition, a couple have a little bit of charring on one, all I had to do was ream them and give them a good clean
The last one is A Krska Brno from the Czech Republic, similar to a bulldog style pipe but the shank is wide and flat (rectangular I guess) it has no fills, bite marks or chatter here are a couple of pics, it's a beautiful smoker, I generally like bents but the Bulldogs are taking hold. But then so are the straights and 1/4 bent straights.

Anyone else got any pipes from the Czech Republic?? If so what do you think of them.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
A 5" pipe can be conveniently carried in a jacket pocket or the console of the car, easy to clench and smokes great

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
I have 3 nosewarmers that is stamped Czech I bought from a local B&M. They smoke great as well as my Petes and

Sav.
John

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have a Jirsa ¾-bent bulldog. Good wood and workmanship for the money, and it smokes just fine.

Only two issues: I have to crimp the end of the pipe cleaner to get it to pass cleanly; and I had to file down the button to improve clenching comfort. Neither of these are deal breakers for me.

DSCN0461.jpg

dieseltech

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2010
i have one stamped Czech that my wife got me as a present a few years back. It smokes great, Only complaint i have is i can't pass a cleaner clear thru it. have to remove the stem. I do know she got this from a bargain section on a website. But it smokes well.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I also have a Czech stamped pipe that I got early on my voyage. It is a great little pipe and it just loves English blends.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
I love my little Jirsa pot - fantastic smoker, great 'out-and-about' pipe and interesting to hold:
kP3fFRM.jpg

Andy

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
The first pipe I even bought is stamped "Czech". Its a no name, other than that stamp mark. It is one of my best smokers and it looks great as well.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Nowadays I seldom write checks and pay for most things with either my credit card or PayPal.

I've got several PayPal pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.