Anyone get any Samuel Gawith at pipesandcigars?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
I got an email last night that Grousemoor and Squadron Leader were in stock, about an hour later when I went to place my order it was out of stock again. Did anyone luck out and get some or was it a false alarm?

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
Edit: Janko turn-about's fair play. You beat me to the grousemoor last time.

Sorry my friend.
I didn't beat you to it, what little I have is from Bennington's in Sarasota. :) I have yet to find it in stock online anywhere. Ever... :cry:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I was just teasing Janko... I know how frustrating it can be.

William gave me a tin several months ago and I fell in love with Grousemoor.

And, I couldn't find it for love nor money... Then you posted about getting some from Bennington's and they were out... I was bummed.

I did find some on some obscure site but they wanted (as I remember) nearly $40 a 50 gr. tin... and they were out too.

So....

I put in a notification email request at PipesandCigars.com.
And was lucky enough to be in Outlook when the email came in.
There are some bulk SG blends still in stock.

Samuel Gawith Bulk at Pipesandcigars.com

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
.....I know where there is some on the shelf;but they are not an advertiser here.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've given up on SG blends and so has the local B&M. But I have learned that when I find something I really like I buy enough to last a while. Lesson learned.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I made a friend in Italy who buys his tobacco in Switzerland, he picked up a tin of Grousemoor and a tin of Squadron Leader for me, should be in the mail any day now!

Jul 12, 2011
I hope my tins are all shipped, really looking forward to having some SL and 1792 flake (from most reviews out there on tobaccoreviews.com they both sound very good

Jul 12, 2011
My tins of 1792 flake are also on the way..never having tried it I'm wondering about this.....Tonquin Bean flavoring.....hmmm anyone comment on 1792 flake for me...

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Not from Pipes & Cigars, but did pick up 150g of Squadron Leader at a local B&M last weekend and just grabbed one tin each of Perfection, Skiff Mixture and Grousemoor at a different local while on my lunch break.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Word of warning... Unless you can handle a nice Vitamin-N kick in the butt, smoke the 1792 Flake on a full stomach.
-Jason

Jul 12, 2011
lordnoble, thanks for the warning...nothing like a sucker-punch from good 'ol vita-N...don't like that very much...I'm very cautious (I have been kicked before) when I pack a new blend to bowl...

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
My tins of 1792 flake are also on the way..never having tried it I'm wondering about this.....Tonquin Bean flavoring.....hmmm anyone comment on 1792 flake for me...
I had some G & H flake one time that had Tonquin Bean in it. It ghosted one of my favorite pipes for a couple of years!

Status
Not open for further replies.