PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
here in eastern NC our dove season starts on labor day and archery season starts the following Saturday. i'm getting itchy. I like hanging out with the family and going to reunions and vacations etc. I like to fish and camp and hike, but when hunting season ends, it's like life is over for 9 months. anyone else feel the same way?
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9. L.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Been working my Retriever every night getting ready for duck and goose season. Better get out the bow and sight it in for deer right behind it! Its the most wonderful time of the year! Lol

canadianbiggame

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
I am PUMPED for hunting season, waterfowl starts in 2 days, I cant wait for deer season. I have two friends who drew a bull and a cow tag for the same area for moose. Its going to be a great year. I'll share the pictures once I start filling some tags.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Of course! I switched over to only shooting my huntig longbow over a month ago(was pumped early). Need to decide for sure on which wooden arrows it will be this year this weekend. Mount my broadheads on them, and waterproof my feathers. Unfortunately it eill be some time before I have to break out the wools. Ready to kick off dove season as well. Have a hunt planned with my dad and brother the third weekend in September. And we already have a lot of deer hunts planned. Simultaneously planning out out Colorado backpack trip for Archery Elk next. Also have some backpacking/camping/fly fishing in the back of my mine for post deer season. Deer is the primary focus.

B

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I just moved back to AZ but I'm already planning for and hoping I get drawn for Elk this season in February. I'm going out with my Father and Grandfather in law. It's been years since I've been hunting. I grew up in upstate NY and me and my dad had a hunting camp on 500 acres and always hunted whitetail, so

Of the best times of my life! I'm excite to get back into it. I might even make a trip to NJ next year and hunt on my grandma's horse farm. The deer are huge and plentiful there. I got invited to Dove hunt this year but I'm a bit hesitant since the people that invited me both got shot last year since everyone goes to the same spots and hunts. Might as well be firing volleys at each other.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Tomorrow I'll be scouting for my moose and maybe shoot a few blue grouse while I'm out there. Monday will be dove hunting and next weekend early teal opens. It begins!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not a hunter, but I hope people will get ready for deer season. I like deer; they're beautiful animals.

But I was in Missouri last year with my wife during hunting season, and you could barely go driving around

dusk without hitting a few. So many that I'm surprised they weren't having collisions with each other.

Lots of deer carcass hung up to bleed out and hanging out of the beds of pickups and SUV's. Apparently

the lack of predators (other than cars and trucks) has brought overpopulations (a problem for decades now)

to new heights. And the warmer winters make the reproduction go roaring along. Like the old Vietnam

quote -- we have to kill the deer to save them.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Yup. Dove season starts tomorrow. Can't wait, but it's going to be really hot. Mostly, I like to hunt coyotes and oigs, which is year round but I generally don't hunt in the summer. I hunt coyotes, fox, and badgers here for pelts, and wild boar is my favorite meat.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Me, I'm just hoping to get invited out to my brother-in-law's folks' land, for squirrel and rabbit. Not much gearing up to do. If we get the chance though, my first piggie hunt with slugs in my 20ga SxS would be awesome. Will have a 7-shot .357 mag as backup.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I'm getting ready for deer season. Here in CT, archery begins on September 16. Time to air out the clothes, lube the tree stands, and kill a few targets.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Everyone around me here are totally blown away....I am not hunting this year! Gave up fishing back in early summer lol. I have not put out any feeders all year long, no tree stands, have not shot ANY of my bows! Not hunting at all this year.
For those who do remember safety and I hope you fill all yer tags!

jeff59

Might Stick Around
Oct 13, 2011
Cant wait!!!. Its my alone time in the woods. Had a lot of stress lately. Just get out my tree stand , sit , wait, relax. Hopefully I'll fill at least one tag.

Dec 24, 2012
I'm not a hunter but I own a large parcel of land out in the country. Many deer and wild turkeys. I had many hunters ask me if they could hunt on the property and I always said no (for liability and other reasons). Some of them were pretty obstinate and I kicked a few trespassers off when I caught them. Last year a police car pulled in while I was out there and a cop asked me if he could hunt there. Once I cleared it with the inlaws (they live in the house on the property) I said sure, provided it is just him and his father and he kicks out anyone else he sees. He brought me a raft of deer meat and some delicious deer sausage he and his father made. Only bow hunting is allowed in this area (for deer).

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Yes sir, but the local wally world had a line out of sporting goods for permits. I will wait... lol
I hit two doves while driving last month, they are every where this year in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.