Anyone Ever Smoke Planta Pipe Tobacco???

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I have been on the hunt for an English that is Syrian Latakia based. I ran across Planta tobacco. Their Full English is Syrian Latalia based but it is very expensive. All their tobacco is expensive at 54.56$ a pound. I am probably Going to break down and buy some when I get paid again but wondered if anyone had tried their products and if so, are they worth the money???

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Shawn, you're a braver man than me. 4oz is the most I've bought blind; I don't think I could go beyond that, savings be damned... I've had too many tobaccos that I wasn't fond of to take those kinds of chances.
PS Balkan Supreme is only $32 per 16oz at 4noggins - have you had that one before? I really enjoyed it but I wanted more of a lat kick after awhile. Still, the price is right!

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Ive tried the Anno MMVII , it's a aro and I liked it, good quality tobacco...Haven't tried the english yet.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Shawn, I would seriously suggest you go light on this stuff. Buy 2 oz and make sure you really like it before you buy half a pound. I have bought blends before based on descriptions, and they turned out to be junk. Planta's stuff is not highly rated as a whole, although they do make a couple of blends for other people that are very good. It is a big risk buying half a pound of something you have never tried before. If I were in your shoes, and I was a long time ago, I started at Cornell&Diehl and got a bunch of samples from them. They have a ton of different English blends and many are great. You should check their list, and grab 2 oz's of a bunch of different blends and see what floats your boat. Their prices are very good and they sell quality tobacco.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
I'm a big fan of Latakias and have hundreds on hand. But I'm always on the lookout for new ones. The recent bulk Planta Mild and Full English are solid but I'm not yet sure if I'll be cellaring them. I'm not sure how these 2 bulks relate to the Image Latakia. I have the impression this last one is available only overseas (from the US).
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.