Anyone Ever Order Cigars From SmokingPipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

60 Fresh Neerup Pipes
36 Fresh Brigham Pipes
12 Fresh Chacom Pipes
3 Fresh Askwith Pipes
18 Fresh Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I've found myself dipping back into my humidor this last month along with some stronger pipe tobacco blends and I'm really enjoying my cigars again. Anyone order cigars from SmokingPipes before? How well are they packed? I love the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story but they are $14 at my local shop and $5 online. I'm thinking of ordering a few sticks for the humidor on my next order based on feedback from you fine folks.
Brian

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Thanks so much for placing such confidence in us. We are truly a band of Brothers, (and a few Sisters as well. ). I have ordered cigars from smokingpipes.com, and have been entirely satisfied, both with the freshness, the quality, and the packing. And if you think about it, it all stands to reason. In addition to selling pipes and associated paraphernalia, this is an outfit that specializes in tobacco, so it figures that they would lavish the same care on other forms of tobacco with which they deal. Order from them, you won't be disappointed. Of course, I do wonder why someone living in Canada would want to order cigars from the US, but that's another question. :)

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I'm not a Cuban cigar fan Eric (I know that's sacrilege) so my concern is strictly on the price. I can save close to $10 per stick on the Short Story's so its really simple economics.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Generally speaking my tastes lean towards Honduran cigars, but I love the smoothness of the Dominican Fuente. I find Cuban cigars to be harsh and the price is just crazy.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Brdavidson, I received an order of 20 stick from smokingpipes a couple of weeks ago. Packaged well, little humidifier pack included. And the no issues crossing the boarder either. Just be careful, if you receive the cigars when it is cold outside, move them to the fridge before putting them in your humidor. The drastic change of temperature (from outside to inside) can cause the wrappers to burst.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
SP does a good job so I wouldn't think twice about ordering from them.
There hasn't been a really good Cuban cigar made since 1990. If you ever smoked one from before that it was better than anti-gravity.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I'm not a Cuban cigar fan Eric (I know that's sacrilege) so my concern is strictly on the price. I can save close to $10 per stick on the Short Story's so its really simple economics.
My question is where are you buying Short Story cigars that you would be saving $10 per stick???!!! The Short Story Maduro is one of my favorite non cuban cigars and I have never even paid $6.00 per stick.
Generally speaking my tastes lean towards Honduran cigars, but I love the smoothness of the Dominican Fuente. I find Cuban cigars to be harsh and the price is just crazy.
Depends on which cigars you are talking about and where you are buying from. Not all are harsh and many can be found for a lot less per stick than you would be saving on the Short Story.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
+1 on the short story - it is my favorite cigar for the winter I love the size when it is sub zero. That price is great , they are $14 in Boston, $9.90 in Madison WI , and I have seen them at $ 18 in NYC.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
HMMM, had no idea people would charge that much for that cigar. I have seen them in the $9.00 range in a few CA stores that were overpriced on everything...$18.00 a stick 8O is just a redonkeyless price no matter what their tax rate is.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Yep prices are crazy up here, my local shop charges $14 for a short story, online at smoking pipes I can get one for around $5. As for Cubans, it's just the profile that doesn't appeal to me, I've smoked many Cuban cigars over the years but in general I prefer the creamier flavours of the Dominican and Honduran sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.