PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yup, use a 200 year old G. Johnson with buffalo horn scales here. I also have a Dbl. Duck with yellow bakelite handles, and a Merkur 15C safety razor.

heffeweisse

Might Stick Around
Sep 9, 2013
I use a merkur double edged razor, so far it gets the job done.
http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Merkur-37C-Heavy-Duty-Safety-Razor-Slant-Bar_p_37.html

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
I used to use a straight, but wasn't comfortable with my left hand and couldn't shave all around holding the razor in my right
I have several double edge safety razors, oldest is a '31 Gillette Good Will.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a really nice razor Chris. I've thought of trying one but I shave my head too and I'm afraid I'd scalp myself or something. I have considered a safety razor though. :puffy:

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Very nice blade you got there, are you actually using it?
All the time. I have a Dbl Duck Satin Edge, a Dovo stainless and few others in my rotation. I use a Belgium Coticule to sharpen them. Jim, I wouldn't advise using one on the head.
http://www.coticule.be/

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
It takes about 30 minutes to shave. I enjoy the ritual of it. And I think it produces the closes shave. I lather up and twice and shave twice. I use an alum stone to let my fingers grip the skin while I use the razor with the opposite hand. The hardest part was learning to use my none dominant hand for the other side. Takes a bit of getting used to and practice.

roderick

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I have one similar to yours that honestly I bought on a whim. I probably only use it once a month or so, but thoroughly enjoy the experience when I do.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
My DOVO and my Thiers-Issard are my goto blades along with my Dbl Duck. The DD has yellow bakelite handles as well.
Yup, use a 200 year old G. Johnson with buffalo horn scales here.
Chasingembers, I'd love to see a picture of that G. Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.