Anyone Else Have A Tobacco Time Capsule?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I often find things that were my Father's or my Grandfather's and I think "What the hell is this?" and even if I know, I'm thinking " How the hell do I use this" With that in mind I was thinking a while ago that maybe 10-20-30 years from now (given the current anti-tobacco climate) that people might wonder what a tamper is, a "real" pipe lighter, etc. So I took a plastic ammo box and loaded it up with about a dozen different tobaccos. I tried to cover all the bases from Syrian Latakia, Virginia heavy, Aro etc. I also put in a MM Mark Twain, matches, tamper, pipe cleaner, etc. Everything went into it's own separate mylar bag. I included simple directions such as " never pull a pipe stem straight out, always rotate" I then tape a list of the contents onto the outside of the box and wrapped duck tape around it.
Maybe 50 years from now my grand kids might find and open it!.. who knows.
Anyone else?
I wish my father had packed up some Edgeworth and other tobaccos that he smoked.
Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

May 31, 2012
Here's a time capsule from 1909 from the The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh,

who had the good tastes to use as their capsule a tin of Samuel Gawith Scented Kendal Brown snuff...
https://surgeonshallmuseum.wordpress.com/2015/01/08/hidden-time-capsule/
:puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That's a really good idea. Objects will most likely outlast our internet, libraries and government.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Just think, in years to come 'clan' might actually be looked upon with love & affection! Nah! They gotta be smarter than that surely!

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
When we have a tornado warning at the house I worry more for my 3+year Mclelland blends and for my Wineador full of cigars than I do for my dogs..LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.