Anyone Else Checking Out the Hekthor Wiebe/TobaccoPipes Chat?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
New Cigars
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
https://plus.google.com/events/c5tvc91b4qb6caj8llhkip9uu7k?gmbpt=true&hl=en
Guy seems interesting, looks like a sturdier version of Weev.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
I have a couple of his radiators I enjoy. Kind of like Falcons on steroids. Very cool and dry smokes. Hekthor is a very nice fellow as well...

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
I just received a Radiator yesterday morning in a bomb from a buddy on another site. The maiden voyage was spectacular. I loaded the chimney bowl with Rattray's Wallace Flake with maybe about 15 minutes dry time. Coolest smoke I've ever gotten from that flake. Definitely non-traditional but excellent smoker. I'm looking forward to grabbing another bowl or two as this is much more preferred than the old falcon.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Hektor is a good guy. His little boy had to have a heart transplant so I can just about imagine the kind of stress he faces. Always nice to support a contributing member of the pipe smoking community.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Resurrecting this thread.
I received an H. Weibe/Chris Morgan collaboration radiator as a secret Santa gift this past Christmas. This particular pipe is a sort of poker. Short straight stem. I have been pleasantly surprised by its smoking characteristics. Effectively, it’s a reverse calabash with a metal secondary chamber directly below the bowl and a shank which enters that secondary chamber well above its base. The draft hole is located at the dead center of the bottom of the tobacco chamber. While in a conventional pipe, a draft hole in that location could be a prescription for a wet smoke, due to the secondary chamber below which collects moisture, the location turns out to be beneficial. The ember is perfectly centered, resulting is a very even burn. It smokes cool and dry, with an open draw. Should the draft hole become clogged, the bowl is removable mid-smoke and can be cleared with a pipe cleaner. Compared to the standard H. Weibe Radiator offerings, this Morgan Bones version is an excellent value and I like the look of the white acrylic mouthpiece and the Morgan Bones bowl.
My one complaint would be that it’s surprisingly heavy while clenching. There’s extra briar to accomodate the threads and the metal base is itself fairly beefy. I am tempted to be the crazy looking full bent frame, which would, I’m certain, feel lighter while clenching. This has become my favorite travel pipe, along with a Ropp Stout Bulldog. It feels bulletproof. Yesterday, it tumbled a couple feet from a windowsill to a concrete patio when my daughter’s mostly blind Border Collie knocked of off when I went inside briefly. It was unscathed. The bowl is starting to color nicely. Really, it’s rather handsome in a moderistic sort of way.
It has proven an excellent flake pipe for me. My standard crowd-friendly travel tobacco, Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake, burns brilliantly in it. Of course, it’s a great benefit to be able to rinse the frame in water with absolutely no worries. For those who advocate the hot water rinse in briars, this is no big deal, but for those who fear it or are on the fence, this removes all doubts.
As an aside, I also received a Morgan Flapjack at the same time. It’s an anodized aluminum recreation of the Wunup Baccyflap. At first, I was disappointed in it. In partiucular, I found that the cover was very difficult to remove. However, with use, the cover now fits perfectly and removes easily. It’s definitely superior to a tobacco pouch, but I prefer storing flakes over ribbon, if for no other reason than it holds more tobacco in flake form.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
They smoke great. I have a bent and a poker. Great smokers. I like them because i can drive down the road and just keep smoking. Unscrew the bowl, dump it, put it back on, load it up and keep smoking at 78 miles an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.