PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I can’t for the life of me remember where I came upon this pipe, much less who made it, but I obviously took the time to save the image. I’ll grant you that it must have taken some experience and craftsmanship to make such a pipe, but give me a freaking break. I get enough occasional glances from people while smoking a pipe on my front porch during the warm months, but this would top the proverbial cake. Nothing like sticking what looks like a lead elbow joint in ones mouth. Then again, more likely than not anyone would take notice, but I just had to post this oddity. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.
jlaCJIH.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've Googled pipe subjects and come up with links to heavy industrial piping, so this pipe isn't so

surprising. The bowl might get a little hot. Do you call pipe repair or a plumber?

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I believe you need a 3/4" spanner wrench to remove the stem and then apply plumbers putty to the tenon when replacing it. Hmmm... what tobacco? Perhaps 'Bald Headed Plumbers Butt'?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Gives a whole new meaning to pipe cleaner. Sad thing is, I would probably buy it.

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
If it for sure wasn't made of lead I would be very interested. I've never liked light pipes; I feel like they should have some heft to them. In any case, I think it looks cool - very unique.

Dec 24, 2012
I have a Negoita that is somewhat similar. It has the same broad shape and is a reverse calabash. The pipe is just over 5 inches long and smokes like a charm.
Rolando made mine a little longer than he normally does, because of my preferences. Here's mine:
Hie0upJ.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That has to be one Rolando's Art Deco series, inspired by industrial design.

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/put-that-in-your-pipe/pipemaker-profile-rolando-negoita/

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Uwe Maier does similar metal finishes but that certainly looks like Rolando's style. I like it but like his exoskeleton style even more, at least that's what SPC calls it.

Status
Not open for further replies.