Anybody Tried the Savinelli Flavored Pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I’ve seen a few Sav’s where I think “Ooh, that’s a nice looking pipe!”, and then I see that the bowl is “flavored” with cherry or honey or some such. I know it’s petty but for some reason it irritates me when I come across them. Anybody own one, if so what’s the deal with it? Seems gimmicky to me, and like the flavor wouldn’t be good or last very long? But I could be dead wrong.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I have a Miele. You can't taste it after a smoke or two and you never really could much to begin with. All it really did was make for a nice smell when I opened the box and it really did have a sweet beeswax whiff about it. I never expected it to taste like honey to be honest and I don't believe it really is the intention. I see it as contributing to the theme of the line and nothing more.
If you are concerned that this 'flavouring' will affect your smoke then don't because it won't. Well, it really won't after a few smokes. If the other lines are done in a similar fashion to the Miele then it's just a nice little touch.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's really kind of humorous. All the lengths people go to avoid ghosting, and then to buy ghosting that in turn doesn't last. This is kind of the human condition, I think.

Reactions: halilb

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Thanks, Jazz! That’s good to know. I rather like the look of the Miele line but I dont want a honey flavored pipe. I do enjoy cherry flavors, though, maybe I’ll pick up one of those eventually as a dedicated “Cherr-O-Matic” pipe.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Thanks, Jazz! That’s good to know. I rather like the look of the Miele line but I dont want a honey flavored pipe.
I say go for it, I doubt you will regret it. They look even better in person. The stem material is beautiful and has a three-dimensional depth which is hard to describe. It really does look like broken honeycomb set in honey.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
I thought those lines were just a theme for stain color, tamper style, etc. I didnt realize they added anything to the chamber.
Can't see it lasting beyond the first smoke.

samanden

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 11, 2013
Alexandria, VA
The second pipe I ever owned was a Savinelli chocolate infused pipe. Like an earlier post says, it’s more aromatic than flavorful. In fact, I bought it as a dedicated aromatic tobacco pipe. Still use it, still smokes good. It’s a novelty pipe; some will like it, some won’t.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Like scloyd posted, their flavored pipes are intended to get you past the raw (some say 'green') taste of the first few bowls during the break-in period.
...vanilla. After Honey, Chocolate and Coffee Series, Savinelli offers a new series of pipe with flavoured chambers. In this way, you will be able to easily set your pipe in through an interesting flavour experience.
I find the Miele series visually attractive.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Those Miele’s are properly sexy. I have a thing for yellow stems, if you haven’t noticed. Next up is a Kapp Royal :) then maybe I’ll see about a Savinelli or two.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
I had a couple of the Vaniglia models several years ago. They had a slight vanilla flavor for the first few smokes but it faded quickly. I wouldn’t be concerned at all about the flavor lasting beyond a few bowls. As stated previously in this thread, it’s only intended to “ease” the break-in process, and it does not persist.

Status
Not open for further replies.