PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Smoking 5 to 8 bowls per day certainly can leave some residue on your tongue. About 6 weeks ago, I bought some tongue scrapers on Amazon and started using them. I didn't expect they would have such a profound impact on my taste buds. Using the tongue scraper is allowing me to taste distinct flavors much better.
Along the same lines, anybody got a secret for cleaning the tobacco stains from your teeth? Went to the Dentist a week ago for a cleaning. The back of my lower teeth were very stained. I was fortunate to get an excellent Dental Tech, she got every bit of it off. Wondered if there is something magic I can use myself day to day to help keep the teeth clean.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I don't use a tongue scraper. Along with brushing my teeth and flossing everyday I also brush my tongue and rinse with whitening mouthwash. I only smoke one bowl a day so I think the staining will be at a minimum.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
After I smoke I use Hydrogen Peroxide to rinse for a minute, then the tongue scraper, and waterpik. I then brush with an electric toothbrush and use a baking soda toothpaste. I do a final rinse with an alcohol free mouthwash and call it good. It seems a little overboard but it only take about 5 minutes or so to do. I also bought a dental pick like your dental tech uses, and use it to scrape any stains or build up I spot.
Hope that helps and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.