Anybody else try adding Grousemoor to Coniston Cut Plug?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

downinit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2016
Just thought I would try cutting down the strength of coniston by adding a little grousemoor and discovered that IMHO it makes a great blend. Even better than either one alone. (not a big fan of grousemoor by itself) I added about 1 part grousemoor to 4 parts CCP and let it dry for about 30 minutes.

downinit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2016
Actually it's more like 1/3 grousemoor. The citrus/lemon of the grousemoor fits right in with usual lakeland flavor of the CCP and the grassyness adds a new dimension. Obviously if you don't like lakeland blends then you will probably think this is vile-ist concoction ever.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I have a strange soft-spot for Grousemoor... not sure why... bizarre stuff but when the mood hits, strangely satisfying. Maybe it was something about being a blend George III's soldiers might have been smoking whilst we ravening colonials were kicking their buttz. Also it's the glowing yellowist tobacco I've ever seen!! Haven't mixed it with anything yet... but this has got the wheels turning!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I love both Grousemoor and Coniston Cut Plug on their own but hell, I'll try mixing them sometime and see what that does for me. I'm always down to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.