Any tobacconists within 1.5 hours of Nevada City Ca?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
I've looked through the pipe store locator on this site, but I know there are more stores than listed. Another reason I'm posting here, is due to the fact that I've seen head shops labeled as tobacconists, even though they only have a couple of tobacco products to pass as a tobacconist. Has anyone ever personally been to a great tobacconist within 1.5 hours of the Nevada City/Grass Valley area? I'm looking for reasonable prices, and a wide selection.

jp12

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2012
Hi guitarguy86. It's great to meet the other pipe smoker in a 50 mile radius!

Being located in the Grass Valley/Auburn area, I recently went through this search as well. The only real tobacconist in the area is Briar Patch. They're located in Sacramento. There's 2 locations, one in the Arden Fair mall and one nearby in a strip mall. They have a good selection of pipes and tobaccos as well as a fun and knowledgeable staff. Make sure you bring your pipe when you go because it's a great place to sit and smoke your pipe and chat with other pipe smokers. The only other place that even resembles a tobacconist is Perfecto Lounge. It's actually a cigar bar, but they do have a couple of tobaccos. The neat thing about Perfecto Lounge is you can go in, smoke your pipe and drink a beer with like minded people. It's near my work so if I'm running low on tobacco I'll swing by for a pint and pick up a tin. Bear in mind though, when I say limited, it's very limited. Last time I went in they had 5 choices in tinned tobacco and 4 bulk blends... but hey, there's beer.

With that being said, it seems we're the only 2 pipe smokers in the Sierra Foothills, we should meet up a Perfecto Lounge or some other smoker friendly establishment and drink a pint and swap stories. PM me if you're interested.

If there are any other pipe smokers in the greater Auburn/Grass Valley/Nevada City area, please pipe in and we'll all meet.

nikko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2011
If you guys meet up at Perfecto Lounge, let me know, I'd love to come down and visit depending on my schedule. I live up in the Chico area right now. Perfeceto Lounge sounds a lot like my favorite bar where I used to live though.
As far as tobacconist go, there is Bidwell Cigar in Chico, they have an okay selection of pipes and pipe tobacco. Probably about 8 bulk blends and maybe 10-20 tins. Prices aren't amazing, and service isn't something to write home about, so I probably will continue with until orders unless I find myself in a pinch.

iajaffe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2010
Beware that the smoking lounge in the Briar Patch on Fair Oaks is a member only thing. You can smoke in the store, but you cannot just go in to the lounge area. I recommend Tobacco Road on Marconi and Fulton. Zee (the owner) is great and he has a few couches and chairs setup for smokers. Great pipe and cigar inventory.
Also the Sacramento Pipe club meets twice a month. 3rd Thursday and last Sunday. Nearest meeting is this Thursday, 6-10PM. Come join us if you can.
4244 HEDGE AVENUE

Rosemont, CA 95826

North of Jackson Highway

East of South Watt

West of Bradshaw

loneredtree

May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
jp12,
That makes 3 of us between Auburn and Nevada City.Anymore out there?
Tobacco Road and the Briar Patch are the only one that I know of that have a selection of tobacs.
I will try to make it to one of the club meeting. Sunday is probably best for me. Happy puffing. :puffpipe:

loneredtree

May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
jp12,
That makes 3 of us between Auburn and Nevada City.Anymore out there?
Tobacco Road and the Briar Patch are the only one that I know of that have a selection of tobacs.
I will try to make it to one of the club meeting. Sunday is probably best for me. Happy puffing. :puffpipe:

jp12

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2012
Hi guys, It's good to see a few more people in the area.
iajaffe, I'd like to make it to the Sac pipe club one day, but it's a bit of a hike from Grass Valley. But I'll be there one day.
Nikko, as soon as we schedule something, I'll be sure to let you know. It's always great to have more people.
loneredtree, good to see there's another up here in the foothills. We'll definitely have to get together sometime and share a pint and a smoke.

jp12

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2012
oh, and htmn246, didn't mean to leave you out. are you in the Sac area? Foothills area?

guitarguy86

Jul 6, 2012
What about Quail Valley Golf Course in Grass Valley? I went one time a few years ago and I think it was like $12 for 9 holes, with a golf cart, and they might sell beer inside. I know that you can bring a six pack and they don't mind, just as long as you don't get loud and obnoxious. On one of the holes, you have to hit the ball over a garage. I'm no golfer, having only played 9 hole three times. I got a set of clubs that I probably couldn't sell for fifty bux, but they're clubs. Post your opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.