PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmtnsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2018
Hello Everyone,
Anybody have any thoughts on this Chacom pipe that is pre order only?
Esoterica Pipe by Chacom - A beautiful smooth Bent Rhodesian. Pre order period ends April 26th. Pipes will be made to order after preorder period ends. Please contact us for any questions at 1-888-689-6876. Made in France.
If you wish to order other products with your pipe, please do so on a separate order. Layaway is available.
Pipe Details

Shape: Bent Rhodesian

Length: 4.92 in. / 125mm

Bowl Height: 1.61 in. / 41mm

Outside Diameter: 1.77 in. / 45mm

Chamber Depth: 1.30 in. / 33mm

Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in. / 20mm

Weight: 2.36 oz. / 60g

Stem Material: Acrylic

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I think the shape is very appealing, and Chacom is a trusted brand. I have had a few and they are nice. $125 isn’t bad either. The only thing I don’t care for is the acrylic brindle stem. Acrylic brindle has never appealed to me. I have a Morgan Arbutus Bones with it and it’s milky and dull, whereas vulcanite brindle is sharp and striking. If it was vulcanite, I’d be tempted.

witchofthehollow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2018
Not the most appealing shape, a little fugly like the Sav 320, but probably smokes well. Hoping they make the pipe out of a better shape in the following years...

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
chacom_smooth_brown_996_1__78062.1535563612.JPG

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Not the most appealing shape, a little fugly like the Sav 320, but probably smokes well. Hoping they make the pipe out of a better shape in the following years...
+1

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Not the most appealing shape, a little fugly like the Sav 320
I used to hate bulldog shaped pipes until I read all the positive comments about the Sav 320 so I had to try one. Outstanding smokers... Now I have 5!

witchofthehollow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2018
I used to hate bulldog shaped pipes until I read all the positive comments about the Sav 320 so I had to try one. Outstanding smokers... Now I have 5!
Nice glad you like em. I love a good classic bulldog shape too, like the GBDs. A pipe is a pipe is a pipe, most savinellis smoke great, but for whatever reason that 320 shape is THE trendiest pipe the last few years. Im convinced people (hipsters) (not you panhandler) just buy it because they see other people talk about it and post about it on social media. I actually just came up with the perfect analogy - Ill put it this way, its like the ESOTERICA of pipe tobacco. Sure its great and smokes great. But new guys to the hobby and others see social media posts and chatter about something and decide they have to have it too. "I need Esoterica! I like it too guys, get me on the bandwagon!!" Esoterica is great but they are many other tobaccos that are just as good if not better.
The 320 is not appealing to look at, you cant clench it, its too heavy... anyway. This is the place people can be salty right? Well a girl felt like being salty tonight!
I know many will disagree but its just one woman's opinion. I like originality...

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Well a girl felt like being salty tonight!
And you are very welcome here.
I know many will disagree but its just one woman's opinion. I like originality...
Have you heard about my particular Sav affinity, or know that before I came here Black Frigate was rarely talked about? :rofl:

rfernand

Oct 2, 2015
In defence of the 320 KS, they travel very well. I had no idea they were trendy, I feel hip now. 8)

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
320 is a hipster pipe? Yeah.... No.
I’m probably the furthest thing from a hipster. Not even sure what that is anyway. Must be a millennial thing I guess.
Anyway, I agree it’s definitely not an attractive pipe but it’s nice in the hand and I like the large chamber in a fairly compact pipe. Also I’m not a clencher so it works for me.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Google 320 Mafia pipesmagazine.com. Almost as bad as the Black Frigate crew. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.