Not open for further replies.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
Just wondering, because Tn is the awesome-est state ever. :nana:

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
Which cities? I'm in Paris, Henry County (Volunteer County of the Volunteer State!)

@buzkirk Where? Maybe we can meet up over a bowl sometime.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
I live in Knoxville, but grew up splitting my time between here and the great Cocke County Metro Area (locals will get the joke).

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I'm an ex-resident
My wife and I lived in Jackson (Madison county) for about six years; our first two kids were born there

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Gatlinburg
Doctorthoss- Splitting time between two big cities, you're a brave guy. Were you in the Del Rio borough or the Cosby borough? Both are very cosmopolitan:)

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
I live in Huntsville, AL now, but spent childhood years in Tennessee. Plus, I am still a big fan of the Vols. Does that count?

doctorthoss

Oct 6, 2011
Lochinbar --

Split time between Newport and Morristown growing up as well as Kville (parents split up). Spent a LOT of time in Del RIo as a journalist as an adult, and learned more about cockfighting than I ever wanted to know.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I'm with you there, the few times I brushed by some people into it, was by far enough contact.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Live in Weaverville, NC, mother-in law moved to Dandridge, after months of persuading because her & husband said they were moving to Del Rio because their Chamber of Commerce sent them propaganda that they were the fastest & best city to move to in TN. After I asked what kind of snakes they preferred to shake around in Church, it started to sink in that closer to Knoxville because of father-in-laws heart disease, should reconsider where they were going to retire from MI. & to make matters worse, devoted ND fans!

He passed, Mom is still there.

We have a camper on Lake Watauga, outside of Elizabethon & go every weekend during all but winter months.

So, I wear a lot of orange.

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
I'd love to have a mountain-top compound in Del Rio.
I met a good fellow at Smoky's today and forgot to get his name. I just naturally thought he'd be on this thread!
EDIT: @doctorhoss, I somehow inherited a whole tacklebox of spurs.

werebear

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2014
@Frankenstein, I lived in Ohio for a couple years and missed Paris the same way, so I understand.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
You have heard and read about the state of Tennessee

Down in the southern states is where I want to be

Where the valleys are so green and the mountains are so tall

You will know just what I mean when you hear them say "Y'all"
Tennessee (Tennessee)

I hear you calling me (I hear you calling me)

The home of Davey Crockett in the hills of Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.