PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rakia

Lurker
Feb 15, 2016
It was winter with much raining. So I bought a lot of Latakia blends such as Wessex tradition english blend (1 year aged) and Samuel Gawith balkan.
I really enjoy the taste of tobacco, but summer is comming - Latakia feels bit heavy in sunny weather.
Could you guys suggest me some light and refreshing blend? delightful, light, kinda sour?
Thanks always.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
From what I've read after being here for awhile is that a lot of these members smoke Virginia based tobacco in the hot season.

I'm so new to it that I just smoke what appeals to me at any given moment within my current assemblage.

Sour taste I've heard can be detected in burleys, although you usually read: nutty sweet.

Other blends use such a small amount of Latakia as to be qualified if they fulfill your taste expectations.

PS LNF is a fine Va flake that isn't too heavy, and if you smoke it too fast you might get a sour taste?

(Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake)

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Last evening... the first evening we could sit out on the porch in shorts and t-shirts and watch the sun set this year... I had a bowl of Mac Baren Virginia #1 Ready Rubbed and it was so perfect. In this same balmy interval, I have enjoyed Mac Baren Modern Virginia, Orlik GS, and several very similar blends that I bet you would enjoy as well!

Oct 28, 2015
I tend to lean pretty heavily on New Market in the summer months. Lemony, citrus sourness with a bit of vanilla/spice/earth from the deer tongue.

rakia

Lurker
Feb 15, 2016
Thanks guys, will find those blend in local tobacco store!

Also I'll buy some cobs with it.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
Last night I had s bowl of LBF it's a great one that pairs well with ice tea or a cold beer.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Capstan flake (blue) which I smoke all year round, for me tastes even better on a very hot balmy evening.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lane's 125th Anniversary blend, available in bulk, is a light flavorful blend that would be a good summer smoke. So many good Va/Pers to choose from.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I usually go for VaPers in the summertime and the occasional aromatic, on a cool night I try to sneak in a light English blend. This year I'll be smoking a lot of Lakelands, I can tell ya that much. I hate the heat though as I run hot as it is. I can't smoke indoors so I tend not to smoke near as much in the summer. : (

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Mac Baren Club Blend doesn't get a lot of love here, but it's a sweet, spicy number that's a great summer afternoon smoke.
Hot, steamy summer nights call for Escudo. :puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It is not wise to discount the Burleys, either. OJK is a perfect summertime smoke around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.