PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Any Star Trek fans out there? Not really an original series guy, but grew up on Next Generation.
Watching an episode of TNG and smoking some H&H Marble Kake right now...

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Star Wars Rules! Sorry had to get that in. Before Lucas screwed them up by always tweeking them that is! Star Trek loves the movies (all of them). But not much of an original guy either.

inteus

Might Stick Around
Sep 8, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
I love Star Trek. My favorites are TNG and DS9. My favorite ST movies are Searching for Spock, Undiscovered Country, First Contact and the two latest movies.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I was lukewarm at best to Voyager at first, but really liked it several years after it had ended and I watched it on DVD. I thing DS9 was my favorite series, and the first of these new movies is my favorite movie this far. Brilliant alternative universe and modernizing of the franchise for a new generation.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I grew up with the original and never liked the others as much. When we played Star Trek at recess, I could never understand why my buddies would always want to be Spock, leaving Kirk wide open for me. WTH? Spock's not the Captain! Met William Shatner at a car show in Dallas. Meh.
I like the story of when Stephen Hawking had a guest spot on TNG, they were giving him a tour of the set and, when they got to the warp drive, he leaned over and said, 'I'm working on that'.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
If you use Firefox as your browser, you can set the default language to Klingon. Fun to mess with your non-tech friends.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Star Trek and Star Wars and all SciFi fan here. Was fun going back to Netflix and watching Wrath of Khan after the newest Star Trek offering. Especially when it links to all the TV episodes.

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
For all of you who missed it, in the new Star Trek movie, Into Darkness, *SPOILER ALERT* R2D2 has a brief cameo (more of an easter egg really). If you have the DVD or blu-ray, about 2/3 through the movie, when the Enterprise is attacked and knocked out of warp, R2D2 is among the individuals that are sucked out into space. If you look closely, you can see him get sucked out. It's pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.