PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I have to stand up and admit that, every so often, I'll take a nip down into the lungs while I smoke. I know this is sacrilege, but I think of it as a kind of forbidden fruit. The nic kick and the tingle can be positively toe-curling, in the best possible way.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I frequently inhale from my daytime lighter burley and oriental blends. By "frequently", I mean maybe once or twice a bowl. Maybe thrice if the mood strikes me. I'm not sure I would consider that "sacrilege" - the best way to approach pipe smoking, as with most things, is "to each his own." I very rarely, if ever, inhale my more complex & stronger evening blends. But I certainly wouldn't judge anyone who did.
Our hobby is under enough stress without us disparaging each other for our preferred smoking practices :)

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I do the same.. Actually, I would say most of the guys in the pipe club where I live do this very often. They have all been smoking pipes for many many years and I think inhaling every now and then is just they way its done!

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
I have noticed that my pioe inhales are not as deep or as long as when I smoked cigs. Wifey even mentioned my smokers phlegm hack is gone.
There are some baccys that make me dizzy in about 5 puffs, love those ones for that morning "wake up"

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Yes. Depends, though. Heavy aro, no. But something like Nightcap? ... um... um.... (was doing it at lunch, thinking all the while they should call it Nap Cap).
Can't help it. It slides down so nice....

Aug 1, 2012
I don't inhale my pipe. Tried it a few times and it was not pleasant to me so that took care of that.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
I'd like to say no, but I quit smoking cigarettes two months ago (replaced with a vaporizer I'm weaning myself off of) and unfortunately near the end of the night I find myself inhaling a chug or two.
If I can't control myself I'll need to put the pipe down for a month or so and clear myself out. I'm not made for inhaling tobacco smoke and would like to enjoy this delicious past time for as long as I can, which won't be for too long if I can't stop inhaling.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I can smell it so I know I am inhaling - not directly like a cigarette, but it still gets into the lungs.

wilson

Apr 17, 2013
Wow, I thought I was the only one and it was only because I was a cig smoker long ago. I don't inhale a often, it depends on my mood and what I'm smoking and . . .

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
I'm pretty sure we all inhale much more pipe smoke than we think. Unless you're one of those crazy guys or a beginner who make it a point to inhale pipe smoke like a cigarette. Those guys inhale about as much as they think.

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
Yeah, I inhale but usually on initial light and relights. Mainly, I do it without thinking about it. I also inhale time to time when I'm smoking something so tasty I want to eat it. I notice I tend to inhale Burley blends more, especially dark fired Kentucky, which I love in my lakelands.

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I find that latakia blends go down the smoothest, at least those in the light- to mid-range of the lat spectrum. FMC or British Woods are like breathing silk. Virginias and burleys have a much more cigaretty throat-bite, which I suppose is hardly surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.