PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I love smoking pipe, but I am a smoker just in-general. This also extends to smoking cigars. I began smoking cigarettes while in the military and while on deployment overseas began smoking cigars. Luckily outside the US I wasn't restricted to just Dominican, Honduran or Nicaraguan cigars ... so I smoked plenty of Cuban Cohibas and Romeo y Julietas. I mean, ya kind of have to do it simply because you can't in the US.
I loved the Cuban Cohiba Robustos and regularly smoked the Cohiba Minis, classic brand. As far as domestically available sticks go I am testing the waters and have been burning my way through a Cigars International sampler of which I can't complain so far. I had a Red Dot Cohiba Black Robusto a month ago that was good and full bodied. Today I smoked a Camacho Corojo torpedo that was pretty good, but didn't have much to it in the way of changes in flavor and body.
Anyways, so to the fellow cigar smoking pipers, what cigars do you like best?

dermotfahy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Almost any Punch, especially the Gran Puro series. Also H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Robusto, and Torano Cameroon 1916 Robusto. (I like Cameroon wrappers.)

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I was a 2-3 cigar a week smoker until I went to pipes full time. Tatuae Faustos, Uzi, Brick House, Oliva's were in regular rotation. Now I smoke one every 6 months. I still have 40 or so in the humi.

chervokas

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2013
Been smoking cigars for 30+ years. These days among cigars available in the US I'm enjoying the Flor de la Antillas toros, the Cain Daytona line in a range of sizes and the Cain F torpedo when I want a little more strength.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
A Flor de la Antillas is on my short list of "must buys" after seeing the review by Cigar Aficionado and similar reviews.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I have been smoking cigars for 29 years myself. I'd say my favorite domestic cigar would by my friend Dion's Illusione. One of the few cigars that scores high in rankings without having to buy a lot of advertising in the magazines.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I'm a huge Punch fan but my all time favorite cigars are Julius Caesar cigars they are just amazing.

~Ron

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
I used to smoke a lot of Havana's - Cohiba, Montecristo. R&J, Partagas (my favourite). But as a passionate pipe smoker these past twelve years I don't bother much with them. IMHO the pipe, and pipe tobaccos, offer so much more. A year ago my brother brought me back a box of 25 R&J's from his holiday in Cuba. They are still sitting there, 24 left! LOL

latbomber

May 10, 2013
Im similar to flakyjakey,was really into cigars and have a humidor full of cubans but pipes outshined them totally! I'll just have one every once in awhile now.

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
I tend to smoke the occasional cigar - Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, Cohiba, that sort of thing. The beauty of being in the UK, I suppose, we can get the Cubans.
Cigars are what got me into smoking pipes in the first place - I don't smoke enough to warrant a humidor, so if I want a cigar, I have to go out and buy one specially. Pipes, I can have everything hanging around the house already, much more convenient. And, Pipes taste better...

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I smoke cigars as often as I can. Padron's are my favs, maduro. The last few boxes I've gotten, though, were CAO, concert and MX2.

Status
Not open for further replies.