Any Pipe Clubs in the Canton/Akron Ohio Area?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Not that I've ever heard about. I know there's a new tobacconist in Akron, Cousin's Cigar (don't let the name fool you). Merriman Rd. Their new store is just the kind of location that a little pipe club could probably meet up. John Coleman is a great guy. I have no desire to start a club but I would certainly participate. Especially in the winter time.
Mike S.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I grew up in Alliance. Don't live there any longer but it's nice to see the area mentioned here.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Cousin's is a nice, six or so store chain. The newest store is on Merriman Rd, next to a McDonald's. The store is new and ,last I went, the tobacco selection wasn't quite what I know it will be, based on the other stores. They are in an old fireplace store and they left a couple of them in the walls. Large lounge are. It really has the making of a great place to socialize. John, the GM is a heck of a nice guy.
Mike S. Probably not spelling Merriman correctly.
Alliance? That's where I was born. Arch St. A LLonnnnggggg time ago.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I didn't mean to say there isn't plenty of choices at Cousin's, there are. McClelland, GLP, SG to name a couple. in fact, I believe the selection is better than most B&Ms, but not yet up to say Pipes&Pleasure or perhaps Smokers Haven.
Mike S.
Once golf season takes a back seat to leaves and snow, I would certainly be in.

clocksmith

Lurker
Aug 21, 2013
I'm very interested in getting a pipe club up and running in the area. Cousin's would be the perfect place. Let' do it. First step? Anyone out there ever started a club?

smokershaven

Lurker
Jul 24, 2013
Columbus, Ohio USA
We are starting a club in Columbus that will meet once a month. It is about a 2 hr drive back and forth and will be held at Smokers' Haven to start out. PM me if you are interested in joining.

bostoneo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2016
Akron, OH
The Pipe Rack out in Akron as well is nice. They have a new building with chairs and tables to sit at. Variety of tins, pipes, and estate pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.