Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
Just wondering if there are any other Michiganders on the forum. Right smack dab in the middle of the mitten here. Bill

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
uber's right,I'm in Detroit. My oldest daughter is an Alma grad, so I know right where St.Louis is. I'll be up that way for the Alma Highland Festival Memorial day weekend.
And I'm not surprised you didn't know about it, uber - it's not exactly the big city! :rofl:

rock

Lurker
Nov 14, 2011
A bit west of Mt. Clemens, for now. I'm ready to go to a warmer southern climate.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
Not much in the way of B&M's up here, used to be a baccy shop in Alma when I was a kid, now about the closest thing to me is The smokers club up in Mt Pleasant, and since we lost Dave Sprunger a few years back the pipe and leaf selection there has been minimal. Isabella Woods is a bulk favorite there and I do have my eye on a couple of tins of 11 year old GL Pease tribute on whats left of their tins rack. A few years before Dave passed away, he talked me into buying one of the 4 Bjarne freehands he had in stock. One of the best pipe purchases I have everr made, just wished I would have bought the other 3 :(

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
Yuber: St Louis will probably be best known for Velsicol Chemical and PBB. Sadly according to the history books, St Louis was once a mecca of Mineral Water spas, (1800's) and its water was actually sold in adjoining areas. History.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I'm from west Michigan and would have to point at my palm to show you where I am now :D

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
I'm almost to Canada here in the U.P. Moved up to Marquette about 6 years ago, so my wife could go to the university. When she graduated, we just decided to stay.
Talk about no B&M's, not a whole lot going on up here.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
Hey Orionp, is the Vierling still going? And speaking of the UP, has anyone personally seen any of these pipes made in Negaunee?
Von Ercks

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
@beewrangler2 The Vierling is still going strong, even with the new competition Black Rocks. There is also a third micro-brew, Ore Dock opening up this summer! We love beer in this town.
And no, I had no idea there were pipes being made in the U.P. I'd love to own a pipe made so close to home, but they are out of my price bracket.

bearpwn

Lurker
Nov 22, 2011
I'm attdending school in Detroit! Went to NMU for undergrad, grew up on the west side of the UP. :)

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
Ha! I went the other way, moved from Alpena to Marquette. I think they give you a harder time being a troll in the yoop then a yooper under the bridge. Any time your passing through Marquette let me know, I can give you some tobacco samples to help with that "all tobacco's taste the same" problem!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I grew up in Adrian. Monroe was always the first game on the football schedule in HS. I guess that had been quite the rivalry, back in the day, but when I was there, the students didn't get that fired up about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.