PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Fine Lunters,
I'm working up to my next Tobacco order, already have some choices set (Town Topic, Man's Best Friend, Maltese Falcon, OGS). However, I'm interested in trying out some McConnell blends, specifically Glen Piper and Red Virginia.
Has anyone had any experience with these, or have a particular favorite McConnell?

Dec 24, 2012
Scottish cake is an excellent VaPer. Very tasty. I have heard Scottish Flake is also good - I have some in the cellar but haven't tried it yet,

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
While maybe not for you, their Oriental blend is really good. Also try out the Scottish Flake (or cake, can't remember what its called). Its a base of Red VAs and really good. The Oriental is outside what you mentioned on your order, but it is a really good blend that highlights the orientals. A good all day smoke.
Mike
Oops, Peck beat me to it. Anyway, I am referring to the Scottish Flake. Thanks, Peck.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Thanks for the feedback! Looks like Scottish Cake is a favorite.
Has anyone tried Red Virginia, though?

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
The reviews for the Maduro are not glowing overall but I recently was gifted a aged time and I thought is beautiful smoke. I'm a sucker for blends with rum. I included in my 4noggins order with the Scotch Cake. I don't Smokingpipes has it at the moment. I love there tin art.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I am a fan of the Glen Piper. It is sweet from the cavendish in a very pleasing way. It is not overly cased and has some nice tobacco underneath. It has a good strength to it.

chacom-600x448.jpg

I find Scottish Cake very similar to Old Gowrie. If I didn't smoke Old Gowrie, I would smoke the Scottish Cake more.

I have read very good things about the folded flake, but have never had it. Their Latakia Flake is a unique experience which I should visit more often. I have never smoked the Red Virginia.

waxmojo

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2013
I am big fan of Red Virginia. In fact I have a couple of tins that have passed 5 years in the cellar. I think I might just have to crack one open.

Status
Not open for further replies.