PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
So, my "Stranded on a Desert Island" tobacco is probably Escudo.
That being said, I find PS Luxury Bulls Eye Flake is really pretty decent for the price. And, I find it shines in a cob if I want a smoke when I'm busy or working and don't want to think about the value of what's in my mouth.
Any others that like it?

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I like it a lot. I will have to go try some in a Cobb now. That sounds like a great idea.
And I don't think I have every heard of anyone here who didn't like it quite a bit. It seems to be high on most people's list of tobaccos, from what I recall.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
LBF isn't a VaPer but most Escudo smokers will enjoy LBF as well. There are a lot of blends that are good for all day smokes. Some GLP's can fit that category - Gaslight, Quiet Nights or Jacknife plug. Heck, I could be happy with any of the Russ Oullette blends we've tries in this months tobacco crawl: Magnum Opus, a very good Lat blend; Classic Burley Kake which is so tasty I ordered a half pound before I finished my first tin; El Nino - a blend that keeps you guessing. We'll be smoking Fire Storm starting Friday. If the blend is as good as the scuttlebutt, it will be another winner.
Pressed, I could settle for Stonehaven. And these are just some of the highlights. We live in a blessed time and country. I'm getting the feeling that most of the BOTL who live outside the US are paying dearly for a smaller variety than we.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
@brass- I'm pretty sure Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bulls eye Flake is a VaPer. From pipesandcigars.com:
A blend of ripe Virginia tobaccos spiced with pure Louisiana Perique. The center of Black Cavendish smooths out the taste
Do you have a source that states otherwise? Its definitely not heavy on Perique, but I think its there.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Yes, it has the Perique. But it also has the cavendish center, which in my mind, removes it from the classic VaPer category. But that is only my opinion and not one I'd spend any energy defending.
TobaccoReviews.com supports your viewpoint. It states it is a Virginia Perique, which makes it a VaPer in their view.
So, I will acquiesce to your viewpoint but will continue to mutter under my breath, “Eppur si muove.”
Pax

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Definitely a VaPer just has a Cavendish center which I rarely detect. Put me down as a fan, not my exclusive coin but one of my favorites.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
At least one of the professional blenders would side with you. I was told that a condiment tobacco doesn't change the essence of the blend until dominates.
If I had banana flavoring to a vanilla milkshake, it is still a vanilla milkshake until it tastes like bananas.
There is a good argument, I think, of describing tobaccos in order of their dominant ingredients, like food ingredient labels, rather than using the English, VaPer, Aromatic names and other squishy names.
So, hail to VaCAPer!
Pax

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I recently tried LBF for the first time a couple weeks ago and I enjoy this blend very much.

It will be a blend I will oder in larger quantities for sure. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.