PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
I'm stuck. Talking to a guy that sounds like he doesn't know anything about pipes and he is a good bit away from me. Wants to sell me some pipes that he says have no markings, and I can't find anything that looks like them. Here is a pic:
pipes.jpg

I am guessing they might just be amateur hand carved?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-PM

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
the stems look like the kind that came on the old carve it yourself blocks. So they are probably amateur carved, but not bad. And the briar in those kits was generally pretty good. I would probably buy them, but I wouldn't pay more than 15-20 per pipe. Just my opinion. Looks like the stems are oxidized on the freehands so those will need to be cleaned.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
In my opinion, you should stick to some name brands. You have no idea what you are getting with no name pipes like that. The likelihood of the being improperly drilled is quite high, and that will lead to a lousy smoke.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
In my opinion, you should stick to some name brands. You have no idea what you are getting with no name pipes like that. The likelihood of the being improperly drilled is quite high, and that will lead to a lousy smoke.

Ditto.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Yeah, but he wants to sell all of them for $35 + shipping, so for about $50, I don't think I can go wrong. Just wondering if anyone on here had seen them, or if the consensus was DIY. I thought they looked like the DIY kits as well, which means the likelihood they are drilled properly goes up. Oh yeah, it also includes this :P :
pipe2.jpg

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
You know, I'd probably take a flyer on that lot as well. One good burner would make the whole transaction worthwhile. Plus, there's the treasure box as well. If there's a Grabow Commodore or El Dorado in there I'd be a very happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.