PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Hello to All:
My name is Doug. I am a new member as of yesterday and I collect pipes. I live in Florida and my city is close to Orlando. I did not see any groups that might relate to Florida Pipe Collectors. Perhaps it is already established and I have missed it or do not know how to access it.
If anyone has any input or would like to start a group if not already established, please let me know.
Thanks to all who read this entry.
Sincerely;

Doug

sinister

Might Stick Around
Oct 3, 2012
Central FL
Where at near Orlando? Im in Deltona. :puffy:
EDIT: This is the only thread Ive found for the FL crew

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/florida-smokers-role-call

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Hello Adam:
I live in Winter Springs. My city is less than an hour from you.
Thanks for your response.
Doug

sinister

Might Stick Around
Oct 3, 2012
Central FL
Cool. I grew up in Oviedo. I'm always in the area.
Last I saw there was a cigar shop on the corner of Red Bug and 426 in Oviedo. Don't recall if they carry pipe tobacco or accessories.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
Daytona Beach here, I would love to get together with other pipers sometime. The B&M here is a good place to hang out, smoke, and get supplies but the tobacco tax in FL makes buying tins locally cost prohibitive (as you probably already know). There's almost always a group of cigar puffers hanging out, but rarely anyone to talk pipes with besides the owner and his son.

vdubguy18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2012
I am in the Tampa/Brandon area. Only place really around here is Edwards in Tampa. I did just find out that a Tinder Box was in Lakeland though so I may take a little trip in the upcoming weeks.

sinister

Might Stick Around
Oct 3, 2012
Central FL
Yessir, I stop in 2-3 times a week during lunch to smoke and BS.
Gary, do you recommend any particular blends? So far Ive tried Wilshire, Cherry Almond, Peach Melba, Midnight and Blackberry Brandy. I really dig the Midnight.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I don't know the Orlando area. I live in South Florida and , for anyone in southern Palm Beach County, check out the Bennington Tobacconist website. It's a great shop that holds meetings on a monthly basis for pipe smokers, with guest speakers and great fellowship.

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
I would probably be interested. Orlando is pretty central to a lot of members...looking at you Kevin & Harris.

Status
Not open for further replies.