PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick001

Lurker
Jul 4, 2011
There are maybe 2 or 3 places that I know of in the Atlanta area.
So I post this just to ask are there any hidden pipe and tobacco shops in Georgia?

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Try the "Pipe Store Locator" button at the top navigation bar, nick; also we've a few peachtree state folks here (Bootleg, Cyndi, more) that should be chiming in shortly.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Hey there Nick. Cyndi and I am in Flowery Branch (Home of the Falcons camp). There's Smitty's Tobacco & Cigars in Gainesville, there's Embassy Smoke Shop off I85 & Hamilton Mill Road. If you're over in the Kennesaw area, there's a Cigar Bar that has intrigued me for a bit, but I'll have to see if I can find them again. (haven't gotten a chance to get over there yet.)

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
Hey there fellow Georgian! There's several of us hanging around. As bootleg mentioned, there's a couple shops up 85 (Smitty's and Embasy.) I only know of two others in the ATL area, and they are Tobacco World in Marietta/Kennesaw and Edwards Pipe and Cigar in Buckhead. Haven't been to either, but I've heard good things.

nick001

Lurker
Jul 4, 2011
Lawrence I'm not sure about the roads but a couple Edwards pipes and cigars shops and I think there is one more .. but is escapes me. I gave been to any tobacco shop yet, but I do want to go check stuff out soon.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
I would suggest Edward's as well, very nice people there and a great stock. A good place to have your afternoon. The cigar bar that Bootleg is refering to i believe to be Marietta Cigar Co.? They're located right off the center square in Marietta. They're a nice store, but have the average bulk blends. A handful of pipes, and a few tins. Nothing worth driving to if youre on the other end of Atlanta IMO. If you are to travel then definately see Edwards, its a very nice shop. All the other places that i've been to in the area are 'general' tobacco stores really. Where you'll find some pipes, a few pouches and tins along with the whole other spectrum of tobacco products.

I've not been to Tobacco World, but their was another member to the forum who was writing about it. Perhaps he'll chime in soon here.
Below i've provided the information for Edward's. I think you'll enjoy that place above all. Its right in the middle of Buckhead. Which is about 20 minutes north of Atlanta, give for take with traffic. Hope that helps. :puffy:
Edward's Pipe and Cigar Shop

4340A Roswell Road

Atlanta, GA. 30342.

Telephone: 404.233.8082

Fax: 404.233.9592

Email: edwardsatlanta@bellsouth.net
Our store hours are as follows:
Monday - Friday 10:00-7:00

Saturday 10:00-6:00

Sunday 12:00-5:00

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I'm in Bremen, GA.. about 45 miles West of Atlanta. The only tobacco shop I know in this area is in Carrollton, about 10 miles from here, but I haven't had a chance to make it in there yet. I work 3rd shift, so it's hard to make it into a B&M with the hours I keep.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey markw4mms,

I usually stop in Bremen to buy a losing lottery ticket.

My family spent a few generations there before migrating an hour or so West.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Hey markw4mms,

I usually stop in Bremen to buy a losing lottery ticket.

My family spent a few generations there before migrating an hour or so West
Well, maybe the next time I get over towards Birmingham we can smoke a bowl together. Are there any good tobacco shops in the area?

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
Johnnyrebel has been nice enough to set up a group for GA pipers. You guys should look it up. It could be a nice way of staying in touch and organizing events.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Sounds good to me, bigfoot. I know we're pretty spread out around here, it seems. Cyndi and I were just talking about hosting the pipe club in our home for a while till we can figure out a good place to go. We'll see how things go. But I haven't given up on a club in the NE area.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
Yeah, that would be great if you guys would join up. I thought that just making a general group would help organize where everyone is at and maybe make plans of meeting up when we're in each other's areas. Maybe have a puff together. :puffy:

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
There is the "Groups" tab in the light gray bar at the top of the page.

Click on the "Groups" tab and it will magically whisk you away to the land of "The Groups". :D

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Sure there is... The Briary.
Here are some photos of The Briary from the Photos of your B&M string...

There are more further down the string.

Just shoot me a PM and send one to William too.
I checked out The Briary's website, looks like a nice place. I'll PM you the next time I plan on being over that way. As a side note, I did make the drive over to Carrollton to check out the tobacco store there. All I can say is it was a total waste of time, and gas. The only pipe tobacco they had was the same stuff I can get a Walgreens, Ingle's or any quickie mart in the area. What a disappointment. Too bad I have to drive almost 100 miles round trip to visit a decent B&M in the Atlanta area.

Status
Not open for further replies.