PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Like the title says folks, just curious who else enjoys that nice burn and endorphic moment? I'm talking hot here too. Nothing below Jalapeno. Here's a reference for ya's: http://www.scottrobertsweb.com/scoville-scale/
For me, I like it to the point of thresh hold. I do have a bottle of Mongoose Hot Sauce in my cupbord that is about half gone, it's rated at 3,000,000 SU and I don't know alot of people who can handle stuff that hot. Sriracha Sauce is used as ketchup in most cases, Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning is a must on eggs, and pretty much anything that needs a little flavour. Dave's Insanity is a staple in my diet as well as Da Bomb Ground Zero I love it in tomatoe juice or Caesars. The entire Melinda's line is SO good, and some new one's I discovered about a year ago are from Jungle Heat Imports and their entire line is flavourful and will satisfy any chili head's need for heat. So tell us what ya'll like and what you've tried out. It's interesting to know there are other's out there as crazy as I am lol!

scrapyardape

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 9, 2013
Florida gulfcoast
My tolerance for heat has diminished greatly over the past ten years. I used to be able to handle just about anything, but now I max out at a moderate heat level.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
A friend of mine who has passed away once made some chili so hot and spicy it actually made a hole in the pan he was cooking it in. I was not able to try any since I have a sensitive stomach due to previous bleeding.

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
Wonder if they still have the Chili Cookoff in Terlingua, Texas? Last I read, the town of Terlingua was up for sale.
Used to have a recipe for Margot Knudson's $25,000 first prize chili winner cooked there. Not a fan of hot stuff, though.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Punctuation matters!
You wrote:
A friend of mine who has passed away once made some chili...
Did you mean:
A friend of mine who has passed away once, made some chili...
Or:
A friend of mine who has passed away, once made some chili...
Since you are writing about extremely hot food, just wanted to clarify.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
No no Chili peppers not chili the dish lol. Although I do like a nice pot of chili once in a while.

I just picked up some Ghost Pepper Pepperettes from a local shop. I'm eating one now and they are nice a hot!

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
"My tolerance for heat has diminished greatly over the past ten years. I used to be able to handle just about anything, but now I max out at a moderate heat level."
+1 But I love a good bowl of chili

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
Yes I like very spicy foods. I grew ghost chiles and trinidad scorpions for a few years and still have a bunch dried out for use in cooking.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
(Playing Voodoo1Q music)Lawrence, Lawrence please appear, Peppers so hot he'll Pray for Beer...BUUuuuuwaaa

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I lost my sense of smell a few years back due to a virus. So I like all my food extra spicy now! I think habaneros are my favorite. And due to the loss of smell, I need my tobacco extra flavorful as well. :puffy:

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
We grow a lot of peppers out here on the farm: jalapeños, gallons of cayennes, tabascos, anaheims, Thai chilis, etc.
Love the hot stuff. And home grown is the best. We also dry, can, etc so we enjoy them all year 'round on most everything.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm in the burn'em to the ground school of Chilies.

My plants are indoors for the Winter and producing like mad.

There are about 30 or 35 7 Pod Jonahs ready to eat... about 20 or 30 Yellow 7 Pots well on their way to ripe.

About 50 blooms on the two of them.
As for Hot Sauce... I keep some on hand for tacos and such.... Blair's Ultra Death sauce... bout a teaspoon on a taco. Also, have Da Bomb Ground Zero just for spicing up my bowl of chili.
I love chili peppers smoked, dried, and fresh.

As for hot sauce... Hot sauces made from extract (for me don't digest easily).
With any luck, I'm going to have some of these bad boys next year... These Tinidad Mouga Scorpions haven't been tested (that I know of) But, have the potential to break the 2+ Million SHUs mark. :twisted:
trinidad_moruga_scorpion_by_seekerarmada-d5nluog.jpg

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Your thread title fooled me, as you spelled it "Chili" which is a stew made with meat and Chile's, but you are talking about the "Chile" plant.
Spelling counts!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Went out for Indian last night and had Chicken Madras and ordered it "Indian Spicy", which is this restaurant's way of titling "You will pay for it tomorrow", but it was SOOOOOO good. So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.