Any Chance For a Live Stream From the chicago Show?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
So many of us will not be going to Chicago or other shows for that matter. Is there any chance that a live feed from the show can be arranged? It should not be that difficult and would add a lot of pleasure for us voyeurs. Just a thought but it would be cool.

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Our team will likely be on Periscope a lot that weekend, but not the whole time.
At my previous job, I handled live Twitter feeds and livestreaming for the company's 2 big conferences each year and it was a nightmare. It's a lot of production and a lot of work, so the audience really needs to be there, engaged, and rabid to make it worth doing. I'm not sure this type of show is really conducive to that. It works better for events that are primarily centered around speakers.

We need a PipesMagazine action news team to bust in and record lots of videos harassing the pipemakers, tobacconists, and making great cracks on the swag. Intruding on tables full of guys to get the "word" on the show, share the jokes, camaraderie, and fun. Show us latest pipe smoker fashion, style, and trends. Tobacco of the day. Report on the "smell" of the show. The Who's Who sort of stuff, old MTV style reporting, amature camera work, poor (but fun) editing. Exciting! Really give it the PipesMagazine "style" with Kevin's flare, Brian's wit, and lots of ice rattling in glasses and bottles clinking!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I like the format the West coast pipe show did for 2015. Short interviews with the pipe makers at their tables.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Renia, you guys always do an amazing job with that Google Hangout thing. I was going to ask if you were planning for something similar. Thanks for the info.
Cosmic, that's what I would like to see :)

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
Cosmic great idea - I'll get the YTPC on that hahaha.

I liked the question and answer board they had two years ago. I even made the site in a pic with Godbee

Status
Not open for further replies.