Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:   

Anybody Have Info on Hayim Pinhas Block Meerschaum pipes

(7 posts)
  1. easydraw

easydraw

Login to Send PM

Im seeing if any one knows alittle about or has info on Hayim Pinhas pipes. I found one in my storage shed that was are friends fathers that passed away. I cleaned it up abit and it smokes great. I just bought another one off ebay with the exact same makers mark on it from a museum.

Man can not live on bread alone.... Unless you lock him in a cage and thats all you feed him!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I searched the forums here and came up with a few mentions. Fnord posted some info on this guy here that should be useful to you.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/my-new-ebay-meerschaum-warning-4-big-images#post-322369

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. easydraw

easydraw

Login to Send PM

Thanks Rothnh,

There is very little info out there on the net. What I have been able to find out is that Pinhas was just a seller of these pipes not the actual maker. But no info on who actually made them. If I ever figuer out this photo bucket thing ill post pics.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

There are more than a few "sellers" -- vendors who have pipes made by artisans, some will remain forever unknown, and these vendors sell them, some under their own name. CAO did this (although early on, the original owner "improved" the meers he bought in bulk) and Yavuz (Storient) who has his pipes made for him as well.

Hell, if it's a good block meer, made well and smokes well, that's what's important

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. jerry

jerry

Login to Send PM

6. newbroom

newbroom

Login to Send PM

I was tending my PAD, with an eye on Meers...I needed to get some. Found a pair on the 'bay' and then started looking for information about this Hayim Pinhas stuff. I took a chance.

Posted 6 days ago #
  7. klause

klause

Login to Send PM

Newbroom, that was a cracking score! Both nice pipes, but I really like the tulip.

Are you going to wax 'em? If you do I reckon it'd bring out a nice bit of colour.

What ever you do with 'em, enjoy 'em.

Posted 6 days ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jeepnewbie, mephistopheles, gigger48