PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjeffie

Lurker
Mar 28, 2015
Atlanta has some good cigar shops but they seem to be pathetic when it comes to pipes and pipe tobacco. Have I just not found the right shop?

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I live in Kennesaw and I haven't been to any pipe only shops. The shop I've been to thus far for tobacco selection is called Puff N Stuff it's in Decatur. They do have a great selection of pipe tobacco, and a decent selection of pipes too. As for the tinned stuff I can recall off the top of my head, they stock:
C&D, GL Pease, Escudo, MacBaren, McClellands, McConnell, Sam Gawith, Peterson and Solani. Plus a good offering of bulk blends mostly Stokkobye. Actually this was the place I picked up some Penzance they were selling in bulk and I'm told they sell Stonehaven from time to time in bulk.
It's worth a trip, I usually stop in and buy a tin of something if I'm in the area.
Puff N Stuff

2523 Lawrenceville Hwy, Decatur, GA 30033

http://www.puffnstuffcigars.com
Cigars are going to be the bread n butter of B&M's these days, just because there aren't enough of us pipers to pay the rent.
Where do you live in Atlanta? There's a group of guys that meet at a cigar shop in Hiram once a month for a few hours. "Shantiques" a forum member here runs the club. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but if you're interested check out the pipe clubs threads and look for Atlanta Pipe club and it should be in there. The cigar shop we meet at doesn't have a lot of tobacco, some McClellands mostly Frog Morton tins, and some MacBaren tins, and they do have Escudo. I think they stock it for Shantiques. They have a selection of pipes, and sell estates too that Shantiques does the refurb work on.
Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Here's the place the pipe club meets.
DD & Co. Hiram Cigars

53 Beatty St. Hiram, GA

www.go2smokes.com
Not sure of the day of the month the meeting is.
Shantiques!!! What day is the Hiram meeting?

ebklodt

Might Stick Around
Nov 9, 2012
Edwards in downtown Atlanta (if it's still around)

The tinderbox in alpharetta stocks the usual tinder box blends but also a decent selection of tinned tobacco blends from various blenders

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In pipe tobacco, the B&M's can't compete with online. Even with shipping, you tend to get 40-50% off online. Pipes seem a little more competitive, and you gain ground by actually being able to handle the pipe, feel its weight, examine its finish. And sometimes the prices are competitive, although not across the board on average. But I really like having the shops around. Sometimes it's worth it to be able to buy a tin of blend right now, and the price difference isn't a problem. Digging through basket pipes, you sometimes find a gem, which you can't do just ordering a cheapie on the web. So I try to buy from the shops on a regular basis, if not always big purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.