PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Well the wife and I were over at an antique shop that we hadn't visited in a while and she called me over to check out these
Starting at the top

Danish made Bjarne Viking Classic
Chacom Cordon Rouge shape 101
SMS Meerschaum
They also came with a 3 pipe rack and 2 single pipe rests, not bad for $42 bucks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good job. I have had little luck with local shops or when traveling. I've run into a few places with pipes,

but nothing that spoke to me. A tourist area in upstate NY had quite a few freehand pipes from the

1980's, but nothing particularly interesting. When you hit the right place at the right time, it's magic.

Smart pricing on these. You got what you wanted at a good price, and they didn't make a killing, but

did a nice sale. Win-win.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Your post inspired me to get out and check my local antique store. At first I only found a four pipe rack with a tobacco canister. I've already got a bunch of those, but for twelve bucks, well, why not another?
I was walking up to the counter when I heard a voice calling me from a nearby display case "Buy me!":
meerschaumguy_zpsb6ac0b58.jpg

It was fifty dollars, more than I like to spend on estate pipes. But this thing is in new condition, never smoked, no chips or cracks. Even for its size it is very light, just under 2 oz.
So thanks, lifeon2, for getting me out of the house this afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.