PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Found these three in an antique store in Victoria, BC, this morning. $40 for the three of them.

IMAG0361.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0365.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

I'm thinking of trading the dunhill for a lovat from dunhill or a similar company.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
The other two are a Peterson system standard and a Sunrise which is a Comoy second

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Wow. Just wow.
Scores like yours are why I keep pulling over at every Mom and Pop junk/antique store when I'm on the road.
FWIW, I have a Comoy Sunrise that smokes the pants off several of my pricier burners, I hope yours smokes as well, Assaad.
Fnord

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
You lucky devil, you
Congrats on a great find
The dunhill is going to come out great, I'm sure
We would love to see the restoration photos

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Well done! I can't wait to see them all spiffy and shiny.
Congrats man. That is truly a wonderful find.
-- Pat

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
That post just triggered the antique shop urge in me big time! Great finds!
Well, I'll be on a briar hunt this holiday weekend... :puffy:

chrisschneck

Lurker
Jul 24, 2013
I never drive as far south as Victoria, I stick to Parksville to Chemanus. I think I need to expand my range. Ive never seen any tobacciana of that quality on my usual rounds.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Congrats on finding the most elusive pipe of them all at antique stores, just like everyone else I wait for my turn to make the best find of them all. Congrats again and can't wait to see them polished up.

~Ron

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Thanks everyone. I couldn't believe it when I saw the white spot and when I checked it out it was the real deal. 1964 shell. I went back later and checked out the Peterson, having assumed it was a wellington earlier. My girlfriend urged me to buy it because she knows I'm a pete nut. If anyone is in Victoria this weekend check out the military collectables antique store on Government St. I can't remember what it was called specifically. If anyone is interested in trading a nice lovat for a Dunhill let me know. I'll be posting a F/T thread when I get it all cleaned up.

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
Wow! All I ever find are beat up no names and cobs. :cry:
I, also, have a Comoy's Sunrise that's a terrific smoke.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Wow! Fantastic score, I would be jumping up and down if I saw a Dunhill at an antique store.

forestman

Lurker
Jan 16, 2013
Nice work, I was in Victoria a few weeks ago and hit a few shops.... didn't see those. (If I had you wouldn't have!) Again, nice score.

Status
Not open for further replies.