PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Ever since I saw a Kafir (horn) Peterson in the 1910 catalogue, I've wanted one. Not because I like horn shapes but because it was the only one I've ever seen by Peterson. Well, they have reproduced it in the new Antique series. It comes in a two pipe set with a slightly unusual bent. They arrived yesterday from Smokingpipes.com. The Kafir is basically a 268 shape but with a round shank and stem and is about an inch shorter. I put it's virgin bowl of Greg Pease's Union Square. the pipe smoked a little hot but that is to be expected with a new pipe. It would get warm and I'd set it down to cool then start it again. The draw is wide open and the tobacco smoked all the way down leaving a dark grey ash.

I'm now working on the bent with some F&T Cut Blended Plug.

Here is the picture.

DSC_0265_edited-1.jpg

thesandpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2010
You Horny little devil!,that is a beautiful set Chuck.I know you have lusted after a Kafir shape my friend,nice to realise an ambition.Congratulations.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The lines on those pipes flow with perfection; and the finish is "to die for".

I can see why they appeal to you so. Nice pick-up -- and wishing you many hours of bliss.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Very nice indeed! I've drooled over pics of that set in a smooth finish many times.
I have always viewed the horn as more of a zulu

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
A very nice set Chuck! The last time I saw a set that nice was in one of Kevin's latest threads.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Very nice Chuck,..congratulations!
Somewhere long ago I lost a pipe that was finished exactly as those two,...haven't thought about it in years. Nice pipe it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.