PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
:clap:
Maybe this time, if I'm lucky, I'll get an order in within the 5 minutes it seems to take for penz to sell out...
:mrgreen:

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
mike:
:)
This is actually wonderful news with which to begin the day! For me, Stonehaven, Penzance, And So to Bed, and Margate are the ones I love. But that may simply be because those are the only Esoterica blends I've tried so far! When you add in the Germain-branded blends, I don't think any other blender creates more blends that I thoroughly enjoy.
Bob

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
@bob: The Smokers' Haven blends seem pretty solid too. I've only tried Exotique and 20th Anniversary, but those two are top notch. I'm really enjoying the 20th Anni a lot right now, there's something to it that just makes me want more. I'm pretty sure it's not topped or cased at all, but I get almost a slight vanilla off of it. Wery, wery interestink.
Germain is high up on my "discover more about..." list. Maybe it's just because of Jersey (that, and the fact that they obviously know what they're doing!). They've got something, there.

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
The Smokers' Haven blends seem pretty solid too. I've only tried Exotique and 20th Anniversary, but those two are top notch. I'm really enjoying the 20th Anni a lot right now, there's something to it that just makes me want more. I'm pretty sure it's not topped or cased at all, but I get almost a slight vanilla off of it. Wery, wery interestink.
20th Anniversary has an extremely subtle addition of straight whiskey (so light it is not mentioned on the tin). The whiskey's dynamic with the Latakia makes for a somewhat Scotch-y experience.
Exotique, out of all seven blends, is my favorite.

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
I like the Select -- I snatched 5 tins -- but this newest batch, to my taste, seems lighter/milder than what I remember -- it's a great mild English nonetheless. The other 4 tins are in the cellar and I'll give it a re-look in a year or two.
Give it some age and it will mature. It's extremely fresh from the factory. What is different this time is that it is made with American rather than African Virginia so it should actually be sweeter.
All are a bit pricey @ $13.50/50g, but are what I consider to be super premium blends and worth the money.
It's a 2oz tin (57 grams), but yes, it is a bit pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.