Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
$T2eC16F,!zQE9s3sqJjfBQ8IVhLm!!~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!p!FCwJidmkhBQ8IVPPpKQ~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16V,!y8E9s2fjs+KBQ8IV1Lo8w~~60_12.JPG

I just bought this estate on the Bay I liked the grain so i bid on it not expecting to win but the bid ended on a SAT so i guess no one was watching it so i grabbed it for pretty cheap. well i wouldn't say cheap but i got it without a fight lets just say that.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
As a collector of Hilsons, I will say this: That is one nice Hilson !
And yes, you got a good deal at what you paid for it ;-) I was watching it, but all my funds are going into home brew equipment lately. Hence I've been staying away from here to control the PAD/TAD :roll:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I like that the side of it looks like it was hit with a meteor.
Congrats on the win.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I'm a little confused though. I had to go check my eBay watch list. You said you had just bought it ? But it ended on the 20th ? And then it got relisted with an end date four days from now :crazy:
Original listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160954295343
Current listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160964294577
Or am I looking at the wrong listings ? 8O

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
No worries ! Just make sure you get what you paid for ! And enjoy the pipe. Hilsons are in general decent smokers.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
So what happen was when the listing ended and it was time for me to pay my credit card declined 8O i called and it turns out i had been compromised 8O
So i tried to linked my bank account to paypal and they were asking me for all kinds of info i wasn't willing to share its not my first account linked to paypal but it seems they changed the way to do it now. Any way i couldn't do that.
I told the seller that i couldn't pay do to the circumstances and suggested that he would relist the item and as soon as i get it figured out i will pay his relisting fees.
He disagreed and offered instead to wait so today i got it all sorted out and paid for the pipe only to find out by Belgian that he chose to relist it. 8O wow

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
I'd usually say file a grievance with eBay but this one is a little different. Typically it's three days to pay and that's usually without communication. You two however were communicating and worked things out. It may be worth a shot as that is a very stunning pipe.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
He was a nice enough seller so im not worried whatever he decides to do is fine with me refund or pipe doesn't matter, the only thing is he never closed the sale with me so he shouldn't of re-listed it yet. i communicated with him the day the listing ended because i usually pay immediately. oh well it happens.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
ya its not a loss its just a chance to score something better later on but im going to take a break anyway id like to plan a trip to Florida soon before the wife gets pregnant will call it a BabyMoon lol.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Ok update I told the seller ill bid what I bid originally and if I get it again I get it again so I did I was outbid by a lot but the seller wasn't alright with this still he closed the bid and is sending it to me for what I originally won it for. He said I won it for that amount fair and square and he's not worried bout making extra money. Great guy I mean I would have been fine either way but what a gentleman.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Wow congrads that's quite a gentleman. Nice purchase and a great story to share with your friends when you smmoke the pipe.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I am glad all worked out for you and you will be getting the pipe you bid on and won originally. It is good that the seller was honest and did the right thing.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
After reading this thread Cigs to Pipe Chris inspired me to try this on my dad hes been trying to quit cigs for a while and with my help and if this pipe smokes good enough maybe it will help him out.
this should make a fine gift for my father it would be nice if we both quit cigs for good and start smoking our pipes together. Now is a good time too because he and my mom just became empty nesters with my sister getting married last weekend. Im sure he would enjoy his sons company once in a while.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
"Well its about time i take a break my self ive been at it a little over a month and ive bought 6 pipes and sold 2 lol."
"I'd just take that break you planned now and move on"
You guys are joking, aren't you? :nana:

Congratulations on the result! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.