PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We're nearing the end of the month of July, and the end of SP's discount on C&D bulk tobacco,

so I decided to do one more order, this one of Billy Budd, Big'n'Burley, and Dark Burley. I'm still

greatly enjoying my first order of Old Joe Krantz bought at the same discount. Whether in English

or another blend, for those who can taste and enjoy it, burley is a gracious base or touch to a blend,

or satisfying on its own.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Thanks for the reminder!
I found a new one that I liked in the Box Pass called "Kickin Chicken".
It's a great Bur / Per with plenty of Nic-Kick

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
^this. Had to add 8oz of Old Joe, Billy Budd, Big 'N Burley and Atlas Balkan to finish out my empty jars!
I grabbed a pound of both Bayou blends a week or so ago (loves me some perique, and especially the price) and had forgotten about the sale.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I got me some burley fix in the sale too. Picked up 8oz of Big N Burley and loving it. I should have gone a whole pound.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
mso489,

I am doing the same thing basically - exploring outright burley blends and burley-based English blends from C&D of which I most likely would never have bought sample amounts (2 oz) without the big sale. I got seven new ones in last week along with some restocking of my regular blends. I will also make a last day purchase today for some of what I sampled (and some more regular favorites for the cellar).

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I too took advantage of the C&D sale. A pound of Billy Budd, 2oz each of Byzantium, Super Balkan, Mountain Camp, Bayou Morning, Oriental Silk, also got some Cigar Leaf, and Izmir for blending.
Also threw a few tins in, and qualified for the free C&D 1/2 oz sample. Got the Briar Fox and have to say it was interesting enough that I would buy more.

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
I just finished my last order of on sale items only buying my two mainstays: Engine 99 and Bayou Morning. The last time I heavily stocked I quit buying anything for a long while and smoked everything up. My wife now admonishes me NOT to do that and continue replacing (and building) cellar. Such a good woman I have.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I have a tin of each Big N Burley and Pegasus, but have yet to crack into them. I need to do so. I'm working through 2 oz of OJK, and it's not a constant smoke for me. Some days I like it, others days I wish I picked something else to smoke.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
But the OJK is really interesting. Ya'll warned me about the aroma. I was expecting a mushroom factory (like BNB) but smelled kind of tart and citrusy. Makes me wonder if there's a citrus topping on OJK?
Citrus? You got Citrus???? Hmmm.... I got more of a musty odor, akin to gym clothes after a week in the locker from Jr. High school. Thankfully it doesn't translate to the smoke, but I find it's one of the more "off-putting" tin notes of the blends I've tried thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.