Not open for further replies.

forciori

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 29, 2019
Brasil
pipedia.org
Hello!

My friends, please...

It's about a Dunhill Prince, Thanshell of 1952.
So, the stem is from a different material, a little more opaque and gray than ebonite.
It's very well done and finished, looks like an original stem (I think it is). Did the Dunhill work with other materials besides horn and ebonite?
When I use sandpaper, it's released a black powder and even in the polisher, it doesn't get so bright.
Photo Link.

Another angle...

Bit...
So, what do you think?

Thanks.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I would say NOT an original Dunhill stem, look at the way the slot is drilled.
p.jpeg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Yang,
Are you just now individually assessing the pipes that you recently acquired as a collection? (as opposed to individually over time)
I'm asking because some of your specimens are quite rare and valuable, and I know most of the people in the PipeWorld with that particular brand and period interest. But we've never met, spoken, or corresponded.
Also unusual is seeing someone who has pursued and "landed" some of those once-in-a-lifetime pieces fooled by a poorly-executed acrylic replacement stem:
It's very well done and finished, looks like an original stem (I think it is).

forciori

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 29, 2019
Brasil
pipedia.org
I'm new to this activity. All my pipes were bought just over a year ago. One by one. I have spent (and I'm still searching) hours on the Internet to find good dunny pipes. It's not luck, it's effort. As I buy on the Internet, I can't know what's coming, right?

forciori

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 29, 2019
Brasil
pipedia.org
I've been studying the brand for a year. I'm not an expert. I want to learn and that's why I'm here asking. My best source is Mr. Hener, director of production at White Spot, but he's a busy man. The information on the Internet is sparse, again, so I'm here to learn from those who have years of knowledge. Well, I disagree. It's not that bad. Anyway, I had suspicions and that's why I asked. Thank you.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
BTW, You just have to copy the images's URL and past that into the IMG tag in the compose window.
That saves every one else both time and effort to see images you link too.
p.jpeg

forciori

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 29, 2019
Brasil
pipedia.org
George,

By the way, I did not find "a lost collection" for sale. If you think appropriately, whoever had a collection like this, wouldn't sell. I'm not a complete "no sense Dunhill buyer", and I think that's reflected in my pipes. I have nice and rare Dunhill pipes because I knew what to look for and where to look. Be happy for me, it's more dignified. Thank you for your help and support.

forciori

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 29, 2019
Brasil
pipedia.org
George,

By the way, I did not find a "lost collection" for sale, just like that. If you think properly, you will realize that whoever has a collection like that, would not sell. I'm not a complete "newbie" in this thing, and I think that's reflected in my pipes. I have nice and rare Dunhill pipes because I knew what to look for and where to look.

I may have been a "fool" to buy a pipe with the stem replaced, but that was just a mistake of many other successes, right?
Be happy for me, it's more dignified.

Thank you for your help and support.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
@forciori, you have to understand. When someone shows up, seemingly out of the blue, and spends 48 hours filling the feed with some of the absolute most sought after pipes it seems quite out of the ordinary.

forciori

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 29, 2019
Brasil
pipedia.org
No, I don't understand. I appeared from "seemingly out of the blue" presenting my collection and promoting debates. I see no plausible reason for mistrust and rudity. I appeared "out of nowhere" in a community of pipes, showing good pipes. So, I was expected dialogue, passion, answers and respect. Very naive?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.