PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
I picked up this Peter Heeschen bent egg last week. It is a quaint little guy weighing in at 1oz. It has thick walls and and is perfectly drilled, and the stem is thin around the button. Just a masters class of pipe making. Hope you enjoy the pics!

4fef107298ca9c193c532e5643caa537.jpg

d21708add2491c0aa58818011201b5c5.jpg

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
I don't normally enjoy pipes that are canted like that, but this one would be an exception. Looks like a nice buy, hope it smokes well for you.

Dec 24, 2012
The lines and grain are stunning. He is a top notch pipe maker. I have a dublin of his and quite like it. I hope yours provides a brilliant smoke.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Congrats on a wonderful pipe! I am working on building a Heeschen corner, managed to get another one ( estate ) last week, bringing the total to three : a Cobra, a Blowfish, and an Egg ( similar to yours but sandblasted and with a green bowling ball Vulcanite stem ). Speaking of stems, it will behoove you not to clench, gnaw, chew, talk with the pipe in your teeth etc with a Heeschen. His stems are rather delicate. Definitely not a pipe to knock about doing yard work, or restoring estates for that matter. I noticed a little while ago my Egg has these little dimples on the stem now about halfway down from the button 8O

The draw is amazingly open, but in a smooth way, not "oh crap let me not get carried away puffing or I might suck tobacco". I noticed I have to pack a little tighter, and definitely use a charring light.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Wow! I've never seen a pipe like that before and it's a work of art. Colour, shape and line all work so well. Jealous!

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
His stems are rather delicate
@RCStan, Yes I have noticed, they are very thin and delicate. Makes for great comfort, but not great for someone who chews on the stem. Both of my pipes from Peter are this way. I tend to let the pipe rest hanging between by teeth, so I don't actually bite it. It sometimes leaves some scuffs, but nothing i can't live with.
I also agree that the open draw is amazing. Probably the best smoking qualities of any pipe I own.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I too, plan to a have a Heeschen some day, if not a set, though I'm as far from that objective as can be. Someday though. :puffy: I was kind of taken by his perception of the Cherrywood, too, which isn't a shape I normally like.
Congrats Mountainman, that's a gorgeous pipe.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Good for you, a great smoking pipe from Peter. Many of his pipes are on the smaller side and very lightweight which makes them all day smokers that you can clench with no problem. And like you said, the stems are soooo comfortable. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.