PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Swung into a Rite-Aid today and got a pack of Dill cleaners and spied a lonely MM Legend hanging next to the grossly overpriced Dr. Grabows ($33.95!!) and decided to give it a new home. I've got like 6 cobs as it is but I love the Legend and this one is a straight stem to offset my over 10 year old bent. Loaded it up 3 times already (small bowl) and it's pretty much broken in already. No woody or burnt popcorn taste, just sweet and smooth with a bowl of Nightcap. Hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend!

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Yep, I'm no snob when it comes to pipes (I've seen or heard of darn few) and cobs are just plain fun pipes. They look rustic to some extent, are good smokers and make for the ultimate "beater" pipe. They are my go-to truck pipe as they stay lit and smoke great while I'm tooling down the road. I was on a jag there for awhile where I was in search of the largest bowls I could get in a cob but now have concluded that I'm loving the smallish ones even more. You can just re-pack the pipe after it cools and literally smoke the same one all day long with none of the negative problems you'd have doing the same with a briar. I know back in the day our dads and grand dads did just that but I just hate a wet, gurgling pipe and would prefer not to have to have a bundle of pipe cleaners along while I'm out fishing or training dogs, etc. obviously a big fan of the lowly corn cob here! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.