PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My ex wifes sister is moving to Sarasota and her son( 18 ) has already made the journey to start school. My kids are psyched to have their first cousin here and he is a good kid. His father died over a year ago and it is now up to me to try and guide him and to look over him. He calls me uncle Harris even though his aunt and I divorced 6 years ago. Unfortunately his mother is a mess right now and her parenting skills are pretty much useless. I feel bad for the kid but at least he knows he has family that loves him. He has been spending all his time at my place even though he does have my ex wifes house to live in 10 minutes away where my oldest daughter is still living. He feels very comfortable here and I have extra beds so he is all set there. His mother is going to be renting the ex's house because she just moved to st pete about 45 minutes away. He grew up in a household where his needs and wants took a back seat to his parents and he sees the difference in how my kids are treated. I know having him here will be beneficial to him, and he has no problem with my rules in regarding school and it's importance. I can tell he appreciates the discipline and structure I have here and that dinner is at a certain time every night and that there is always food in the house.
Well I just wanted to share the new goings on here at mi casa, and to share the good feelings I get by being able to help this young man out.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Im glad that he has you to live with, and I wish you all a wonderful school year! Though I don't know you very well, I can tell that you are a stand up person and a good father, I wish you the best of luck and I also would like to wish the kid luck in a new school and with a family that loves him.

( ;) maybe a new pipe smoker at some point?)

All the best

Gunnar

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
A good father figure is always important. He will look up to you. Show him what you know and he will think back on it later in his life and be extremely grateful at some point in time. It is very good of you to lend a guiding hand. Best of luck to you both...

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
That's great of you Harris! What you are doing for this young man will surely have a positive impact on his future.

edlogic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2012
jacksonville florida
what's your address ?

( just in case i wanna kick a couple of mine out )

i'm only a couple hundred miles away

i still have 6 at home - my oldest girl got married last year

hey - got any room for a used wife ?
haha
bless you and your father and mother that raised and bore you ...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys, I appreciate the nice comments and well wishes. I hope it sets a good example for my children. I try and teach them that the world isn't all about them and that being a giving person is the only way to go through life. Growing up my dad always preached that to me and honestly until I started having children of my own did I really understand it. I know he is looking down with a smile on his face.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Harris your Father is looking down on you tonight rideing that cloud on high beaming at what a fine son he raised, this will give you more satisfaction than any new pipe you could buy, My hat is off to you, Good Show. The old cajun

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Nice cigrmaster - sounds like he'll get the stable environment he's been needing. Best of luck to you and yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.