PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papawhisky

Lurker
Jan 29, 2019
Austin, Texas
"Where are you from, what do you smoke, how long have you been a pipe smoker, what is your favorite color, and how much do you like Mixture 79?"
Well, lets run through the basics: I'm originally from Florida, but I moved to Texas as fast as I could. Too many crazy people back home. Also, I don't like Pina Coladas and hate long walks on the beach (sand gets between your toes - icky). My favorite color is blue, and I'm an Aquarius, but don't get your hopes up, I'm happily married.
My screen name was bequeathed upon me as a sobriquet from my younger son and his posse (herd? gaggle? pack?) Pack of friends. Not sure why; I drink more rum than whisky...
I started smoking a pipe about 3 weeks ago, but I've been smoking cigars for about two years. I grew my first crop of tobacco last year (cigar varieties) and I also roll my own cigars using whole leaf tobacco (commercial and home grown).
I delved into pipes because I have about 40 lbs of whole leaf tobacco of both cigar and pipe varieties and thought it would be fun to make my own blends along with my cigars.
So far I've enjoyed an English blend and a few aromatics. And of course, a few of my own blends.
Looking forward to "meeting" everyone!

Steve

papawhisky

Lurker
Jan 29, 2019
Austin, Texas
Ashdigger: The color of her right eye!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
As a friend once said, "Florida is a good place to be from... as far from it as I can get!"
Welcome, and thanks for the basics. What part of Texas did you settle in?
Edit: For the record, I spent 3 years in the Miami area in the mid-1980s. The only thing worse about being sent to Miami for three years was getting sent to New York City for 3 years after that.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Welcome from CO, GOD's country. I like long walks on certain beaches ( none in Florida that I can think of, sorry). My current wife is fromTexas, oh boy, let's not go there. I had a wife a while back that was an Aquarius and blue is fine. Not as good as tan or olive, but fine.

papawhisky

Lurker
Jan 29, 2019
Austin, Texas
Well, I can tell already I'm going to fit right in here!
Pappy: We've settled in Round Rock, outside of Austin. Originally from Jacksonville, which is, for all practical purposes, South Georgia LOL.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome from Austin.
I started in Baltimore, another good place to be "from".
I was stationed in Fort Stewart, GA for 7 years and spent plenty of time partying in Florida.
The Austin Pipe Club. meets half the time at Habana House off 183, not too far from you.
Fellow forum member pylorns is our pipe club fearless leader. Hit him up if you want more info.
Pipe World is where we meet the other half of the time, but not the one near you in Round Rock. We use the one in Austin, off W. Anderson Lane.
Both businesses also have decent humidors for you dog turd smokers. :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Welcome to the forum, bud. There are a few of us around/in Austin.

Status
Not open for further replies.