PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
About a week ago, I made a 60$ TAD order. I spoke about it in this thread. In the order, I purchased a 2oz tin of Haddo's Delight. In this other thread. Here rlunderhill said:
I received my tin of Haddo Delight in the mail today. I couldn't wait to smoke some. I loaded up my Nording and was so disappointed with the lack of any flavor. I closed up the tin and put it with the others that didn't make the grade. I'll give it another try in a couple weeks.
And he was right. The first bowl of it had absolutely no flavor. Unlike rlunderhill, I kept smoking it. The first bowl was in a corn cob, just kind of a smoke taste and could sort of pick up on the Perique, but not much else.
I persisted, and tried it in a briar that I got from lonestar. I got more flavor that time, started to pick up on some fruit like notes, raisins maybe. Then, I said heck, lets load it into my meer. I don't know what it's about that stone, but now I'm getting all kinds of taste.
Perique is spicy and peppery, fruity notes are in and out, and a decent yet oddly smooth hit of nicotine. I'm betting the flavors started coming out due to the air time for the tobacco. I also lay out some on a paper plate from 45min to an hour before I smoke it. I've since smoked it in the cob again, and it's pretty good, but this blend is giving my meer a work out cause I keep going back to it.
I mentioned in my thread about the TAD order, that I'm only opening one tin at a time. And I've stuck with it, Haddo's is the first tin and I'm glad I picked it. I just wish it came in 100g tins.
Just felt like sharing my week long experience with this blend.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Baron, you'd better be ready to fall in love when you try that JKP. I almost cried when I smoked the last bowl of the tin I had. I've got an 8oz tin on my TAD list right now.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
The Jack Knife Plug sounds interesting. I'll give that a try on my next order. I'll give the Haddos Delight another go in a week and see what happens.I have many different pipes to try it in. I'll follow romanza10 lead and try several pipes and see what happens.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Greg really is doing some next level tobacco magic. He never ever manages to disappoint. I am waiting for Pease bomb that is set to arrive any day now. Haddos is in there.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I've got a tin of this collecting dust.. for it's grand opening at the 5 year mark and another that's in the mail now for me to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.