PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
I picked up another nice little ready-to-smoke pipe from my antique connection today. It's an Italian made pipe, but that's about all I know about it. Very clean, and I couldn't pass it up for a $20 bill.
image22-600x450.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It looks somewhat like a well-smoked Savenelli second; it could even have started out unfinished. That is

the sort of golden brown they gradually become. I think Sav may have a billiard with a slightly canted

bowl like that.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
It's a nice little smoker. Broke it in last night with a little Rattray's Red Rapparee.
mso489 wrote:
It looks somewhat like a well-smoked Savenelli second; it could even have started out unfinished. That is

the sort of golden brown they gradually become. I think Sav may have a billiard with a slightly canted

bowl like that.
I didn't have anything even close to this color in my collection. The light nut brown color is really growing on me. It's a pleasing contrast against the dark grain and bird's eyes.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Finances have forced me to buy cheap pipes. I must say that they smoke well, for me, even if I pay no more than $50.00 per. Over the weekend I bought a Canadian with a ton of birdseye/cross grain for $31.00. Looks to me that you will get far more than your money's worth on your new pipe. Enjoy!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I stopped by the Pipe and Leaf vender's table at the TAPS pipe show this weekend, and to my great satisfaction found

a stamped Savenelli unfinished panel billiard, which I hope will attain that same golden glow, as have my other two

Sav's that I bought more than 30 years ago. Plus, the Pipe and Leaf folks gave me a nice show discount. After my

last post on this thread, I considered if Sav does a Canadian like the one you bought; I think they do, or have in the

past. It's a handsome pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.