PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I need a good Latakia smoke, something hearty for the remainder of these cold winter nights, and once again I am torn between a few different blends and have no idea what I should open next. Here is the run down of what I am thinking:
E. Hoffman Spilman Mixture

McClelland Super Syrian Full Balkan

NYPC Hells Kitchen

Captain Earles Ten Russians
I have tins of Margate and Pembroke that I was considering as well but I think that I am going to let them age a little more. Help me out here ladies and gents!

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
I vote for the Russians - can't get enough of it!
But if you opt for the Hell's Kitchen, please post a review. It sounds really good.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
10 Russians is a lat bomb, for sure. Good stuff.
Haven't smoked the Syrian Super Balkan, which has perique, IIRC, but have smoked the Syrian Full Balkan. I think it was OK. Not my first choice in Syrians, though.
Spillman's is tasty, but not a lat monster.

Jul 15, 2011
That looks like three votes for Ten Russians and two votes for Hells Kitchen. Both sound pretty tasty. Im going to leave the thread open the rest of tonight and all day tomorrow to see if anything else gets any more votes but right now those two are in the lead.

Jul 15, 2011
Ten Russians-4, Hells Kitchen-3. Man, why are none of the other blends getting any love? Must not be that good, apparently :P I kid, I kid.

Jul 15, 2011
OK, no more responses, and it was time to make a decision. It all came down to age, and while the Hells Kitchen had one fewer vote than Ten Russians, I checked the date on the can of Ten Russians and it was tinned just last month, so it is going to sit around for a little while longer, which means that Hells Kitchen won the vote. Weird thing is, there is no date on the can of Hells Kitchen. I cracked her open and the tobacco looks beautiful, smells great, and whoever canned up my tin did good because this tin is JAM PACKED full to the top, not like some other tins where you get cheated a little on empty airspace at the top. In any case, expect a review within the next week and thanks to everyone who voted.

Status
Not open for further replies.